MANILA -- Check out some of the latest news in the local food scene.
These are not endorsed by ABS-CBN News.
ENDERUN OFFERS INTIMATE WEDDING PACKAGES
The professional event venue and catering services of Enderun Colleges has started offering intimate wedding packages for 10 persons amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Couples can choose between a catering-only package that starts at P22,000, or a complete deal with a venue that starts from P27,000. Available venues include Resto 101, The Garden, and The Atrium.
They can also decide whether they want to avail a four-course or up to a seven-course prix fixe plated menu accompanied with a rustic table arrangement. Savory dishes include Grilled Red Snapper Fillet, Oven Roasted Beef Tenderloin, and Seafood Thermidor, to name a few.
For more information, visit the website of Enderun Colleges.
FOODPANDA DELIVERS GROCERIES TO FRONTLINERS
In celebration of its sixth anniversary, delivery service Foodpanda recently donated grocery packages to the local communities in Makati City, Taguig City, and Quezon City in Luzon; Cebu City in the Visayas; and Davao City in Mindanao.
Frontline workers who were able to receive the packages include emergency team responders, quarantine center personnel, garbage collectors, and street sweepers.
"Being on the frontlines of this pandemic and operating through ECQ and GCQ has opened our eyes to the plight of our fellow frontliners. Just as we value our riders who brave the streets every day, we wanted to show our appreciation for our quarantine center staff, garbage collectors and street sweepers who are literally keeping the country together. At a time like this, we, at Foodpanda, believe it's important to celebrate a milestone such as a sixth anniversary by sharing our blessings to these heroes,” said Foodpanda Philippines managing director Daniel Marogy.
MARCO POLO ORTIGAS MANILA CELEBRATES 6TH ANNIVERSARY
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila is extending limited-time offers for future accommodations and restaurant dining as it celebrates its sixth anniversary.
From July 8 to 13, guests may reserve accommodations at 50% savings off the listed best available rates. The advanced booking is good for dates until December 30, 2020. Available stay dates remain subject to the advice of the national government given prevailing conditions.
Guests reserving this anniversary promotion may also enjoy a 20% discount on all available restaurants and in-room dining services during their stay. Depending on room availability, check-out time may be extended until 2 p.m. This offer applies to reservations on Superior, Deluxe, and Premier rooms only and may be booked via marcopolohotels.com or you can call.
Dining guests are in for a spectacle of flavor until July 30 as three of Marco Polo Ortigas Manila's lead chefs are showcasing a total of six signature dishes. For a limited time, Cucina's Chef Andrea Donazzan, Lung Hin's Chef Ken Leung, and Executive Pastry Chef Francisco Arizala come together to present their "spotlight creations."
Donazzan embraces his and Cucina's Italian roots with his creative interpretations of the classics: Eggplant Parmigiana and Cannelloni with Spinach, Ricotta, and Bechamel Sauce. Leung of Lung Hin demonstrates his expertise in balancing the intricacies of Cantonese cuisine with his Pan Fried Lotus Root Cake with Minced Pork and Shrimp, and Chilled Drunken Chicken in Shao Xing Wine. Dessert fans will be delighted with Arizala's sweet and eye-catching confections: Choco-nut Cake with Caramelized Tablea Crunch, and the Mixed Berries Charlotte with White Chocolate Bavarian Cream.
These gourmet signature dishes are available at P679++ and may be enjoyed for dine-in, takeout, or pick-up.
POPEYES REOPENS FOR DINE-IN, OFFERS BUY 1, GET 1 SUNDAE
After several months in quarantine, Popeyes is reopening its doors for dine-in, offering its signature fried chicken and other favorites.
To make the comeback even sweeter, Popeyes has a buy one, get one promo for its sundae for dine-in and takeout until July 12. Customers can avail of multiple orders in one transaction, or through multiple transactions.
The buy one, get one offer is available at the following Popeyes restaurants: ArcoVia City, Alabang Town Center, SM San Lazaro, NU Mall of Asia, Eastwood, SM Southmall, Alimall, Kroma Makati, and Robinsons Place Manila.
SEVEN CORNERS REOPENS FOR DINE-IN
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria's Seven Corners restaurant has reopened it doors for dine-in, offering a curated a la carte menu.
Customers can order dishes such as Crispy Fried Calamari with Tartare Sauce, Buffalo Chicken Wings, Caesar Salad, Greek Salad, US Prime Rib Eye, Norwegian Salmon Fillet, Carbonara, Bolognese, 7 Corners Beef Burger, Chocolate Crowne Cake, Red Velvet Cake, and Blueberry Cheesecake.
Seven Corners is open daily from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
TIPS ON PREPARING SAFER, HEALTHIER 'BAON'
LPG brand Solane has offered tips on safely preparing "baon" that you can bring to work, following the easing of quarantine protocols in many parts of the country.
1. Clean your cooking space: Prior to cooking, make sure to clean every kitchen surface and equipment that your food will come into contact with to stop bacteria from spreading. This includes the countertops, cutting boards, pans, dishes, and even utensils. Wash or wipe them down with warm, soapy water and dry them with a clean cloth or paper towel. Also, do not forget to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Cook with fresh ingredients: Now more than ever, preparing a healthy meal is essential, and cooking at home enables you to do so. Avoid canned or processed food. Instead, buy fresh and quality ingredients. Fresh food can really improve your health since it retains more nutrients. Also, you can enjoy a tastier meal because you get the most flavor possible from fresh ingredients. Try supporting local businesses and buy your groceries from them. Many reputable sellers are on social media and offer delivery.
3. Use insulated containers: Using an insulated lunch box and containers is the best option for packing your meals. Consider investing in them if you haven’t yet. They can keep your food warm and help minimize bacterial contamination and growth. Another advantage of having insulated containers is that they are reusable, eco-friendly, and may be safer. Single-use plastic containers and food wraps may carry a higher risk of cross-contamination.
4. Store food properly: To avoid rushing to cook your lunch in the morning, it's a good idea to prepare your meal the night before, or even days ahead. When prepping ahead of time, it’s also advisable to know how to store your food properly to maintain its quality. If you’re storing freshly cooked food, let your food cool first for a few minutes before putting it in your fridge to avoid spoilage. Cook a big batch, then divide it into small portions and put in separate containers for each day of the workweek. Also, always check the shelf life of the meals you make.
5. Turn off all heat sources: After you are done preparing your meals, make sure to turn off all the cooking equipment that you used, especially the gas stove and the LPG cylinder.