MANILA -- Looking for ways to celebrate Mother's Day this weekend amid the quarantine? Here are some treats and deals offered by restaurants, shops, and malls.
These are not endorsed by ABS-CBN News.
BISTRO GROUP DEALS
These restaurants under The Bistro Group have special deals this Mother's Day.
* TGI Fridays: Give Mom that Fridays feeling and enjoy its Family Meal comprised of comforting, hearty favorites -- Chicken Fingers, Liempo, and Mozzarella plus complimentary nachos for P995 (from P1,420)
* Italianni's: Choose from two Mother's Day Pizza and Pasta Combos -- Truffle and Chicken Mushroom Pasta and Margherita Pizza for P999 (from P1,345), or Spaghetti Bolognese and Pizza Tropicale for P999 (from P1,365). Both include complimentary Focaccia and Tuscan Rolls, and are good for three persons.
* Buffalo Wild Wings: Wow Mom at Home with two Buffalo Wild Wings' Mother's Day Offers: Wings and Sliders that can be shared by 3 persons for P999 (from P1,220); or the MVP Platter for 3 to 4
persons, which has wings with your choice of sauce or dry rub, honey bbq ribs, and grilled pork belly and served with rice, also for P999
* El Pollo Loco: Your family will love to dig into eight pieces of juicy, slow-cooked citrusy chicken plus 4 sides (P945). A fun way to celebrate with people you love while safely at home.
* Denny's: Mom can enjoy some of the dishes on Denny's slammin' menu such as The Original Grand Slam (fluffy buttermilk pancakes, eggs, bacon strips and sausages); All-American Slam (eggs, bacon, sausages, and toasted bread) and the Waffle Slam (waffle, eggs, and bacon) for lunch, breakfast or dinner. All these cost P999 each (from P1,215).
These offerings are available for curbside pickup, takeout, and delivery via Grab and Lalamove at the following branches: TGI Friday’s Bonifacio High Street, Italianni's Bonifacio High Street and Greenbelt, Denny's Eastwood, Robinsons Manila and Uptown Parade, El Pollo Loco (inside Italianni's Bonifacio High Street), and Buffalo Wild Wings Uptown Parade, Taguig City.
METRO FOOD POP UP
Metro has collaborated with top chefs and restaurants to come up with Mother's Day set menus for takeout and delivery.
Part of the roster are chefs Colin Mackay and Kerwin Go of People's Palace, who have have created a modern Thai menu good for four.
Customers can pre-order up to 2 p.m. on Saturday by calling (02) 8828-4888, 8828-1937, or (0917) 889-2782. The set menu will be available on Mother's Day, May 10.
"Since People's Palace opened 20 years ago in Malate, up until mid March in Greenbelt 3, we have welcomed so many families through our doors to experience delicious Thai cooking and the warm hospitality of our service team. Despite the unprecedented circumstances that we must all endure, I hope that you will still be able to celebrate on Mother's Day with you families and enjoy my special menu created in the spirit of sharing food together," Mackay said in a statement.
Other Mother's Day menus from the Metro Food Pop Up will be from The Black Pig with chef Carlos Garcia (May 16), Wildflour Café+Bakery with chef Allen Buhay and BJ Mantuano (May 17), a mano led by Amado Fores (May 23), Cyma with chef Robby Goco (May 24), Bamba Bistro with chef Tina Legarda (May 30), and Test Kitchen with chef Josh Boutwood (May 31).
For more details, visit the website or social media pages of Metro.Style.
ONLINE WORKSHOPS BY ORTIGAS MALLS
Ortigas Malls is celebrating Mother's Day through a series of engaging online sessions that moms will find enjoyable.
From making beauty essentials to preparing sweet treats and learning the basics of gardening, Ortigas Malls hopes to keep moms entertained with these online workshops on May 10 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on the Facebook pages of Greenhills, Tiendesitas, and Estancia.
Aside from the workshops, Ortigas Malls is also giving away a bouquet of flowers on Mother's Day to three lucky moms through an online contest. Details are provided on Facebook.
ORANGE CHICKEN AND MORE AT KING FU EXPRESS
Treat your mom to California-style Chinese dishes this weekend. King Fu offers its best-selling Orange Chicken, Black Beans Fish Fillet, and Broccoli Beef, with prices starting at P89.
Delivery charges are applicable within Mandaluyong (P49), San Juan (P49), Makati (P69), and Pasig (P69). Outside of the trade area, delivery is possible via Grab or Lalamove.
Orders can be made from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last call) via call, text, Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. Call (02) 7500-0019 or (0917) 808-4885.
Payments can be made via COD, BDO, Gcash, and PayMaya.
SPANISH DISHES FOR MOM
Gather everyone round the dining table and feast on soulful Castiliian dishes from Las Flores and Rambla.
Las Flores offers the Paella Combo with Paella Setas (with the earthy taste of mushroom and topped with truffle aioli) and Callos (rich stew with beef tripe, blood sausage, bell peppers and chickpeas) for P999 (from P1,490).
Meanwhile, Rambla, which serves Spanish Mediterranean cuisine, has the Paella Negra (rice dish flavored with squid ink) and Jamon Croquetas (crispy logs of ham) Combo.
These are available for curbside pick-up orders at Las Flores BGC and Rambla Rockwell.
SWEET TREATS FROM CARDINAL CAKES
Cardinal Cakes is accepting orders for delivery, helping those in quarantine celebrate occasions such as Mother's Day. Customers can choose from Dark Chocolate Cake, Walnut Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, and Red Velvet Cake.
Deliveries can be done via Grab or Lalamove. For more details, visit the Facebook and Instagram pages of Cardinal Cakes.