MANILA -- Staying indoors is slowly becoming the new norm for most people who are lucky enough to still have their jobs amid the novel coronavirus crisis that is sweeping the globe.
To those who are beginning to experience stress and cabin fever during their isolation, looking at works of art can help make you calm and focused. Yes, most if not all museums are already closed due to COVID-19, but there are hundreds of virtual alternatives that you can check out for free.
Most of these museum virtual tours are available at Google Arts and Culture, along with a closer look at specific artworks and artifacts to suit your preferences.
Here are five museums you can "step into" from the comfort of your home to get you started:
1. BRITISH MUSEUM (LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM)
2. TOKYO FUJI ART MUSEUM (TOKYO, JAPAN)
3. MUSEE D'ORSAY (PARIS, FRANCE)
4. THE J. PAUL GETTY MUSEUM (LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA)
5. MUSEU DE ARTE DE SAO PAULO ASSIS CHATEUBRIAND (SAO PAULO, BRAZIL)
For a wider selection of museums, visit the Google Arts and Culture website.