MANILA - Lucio "Ka Louie" Tabing, anchor of DZMM's 'Sa Kaburikan' program, left a lengthy Facebook post on Wednesday where he shared some valuable life lessons with his only grandson.
Ka Louie's "Young Boy's Life Hacks From Kuya Itong, And My Own" was posted on Facebook just hours before he died due to heart attack around Thursday midnight.
He was 73.
The post starts with him paying tribute to his very protective elder brother, Kuya Itong, who recently passed away due to pneumonia and heart attack.
His brother helped toughen him up to survive in this life, he said, adding that the tips and advice he got from his kuya were useful even when he was already a grown-up.
He also shared life lessons he learned from his father. But while he received the "greatest lesson" from his brother and father, he carved his own path rather than follow theirs.
"I did not have a son to share some of the life’s hacks that Kuya Itong taught me. Yet here are my updated advice to my only grandson Nico and to all the young boys out there," he wrote.
He also enumerated some valuable insights:
1. Kung may dumating na magandang pagkakataon, sunggaban mo kaagad. Malamang, hindi na yan babalik.
2. Be always prepared. Pero huwag kang basta mambabanat, lumaban ka lang para magtanggol ng sarili.
3. Mas maigi ang umiwas sa away. Mabuti na ang matawag na "nagtakbong si Nico" kaysa "Nasirang si Nico." There are more civil ways to resolve conflicts.
4. Huwag kang makikipagsigawan sa kahit kanino. He who raises his voice is likely to be wrong. Even if in the beginning he is right, his shouting makes him wrong.
5. Maging mapagbigay sa kapwa. Pero mas makapagbibigay ka at makatutulong kung tinutulungan mo muna ang iyong sarili. As the instruction in the airplane, "Fasten your seatbelts and grab your own oxygen mask first."
6. Ang higit mong tulungan at bigyan ay ang mga may sadyang pangangailangan – ang maliliit at mahihirap, hindi ang mga kaibigang gusto lang magpasarap.
7. Ang pagkalalaki ay hindi nasusukat sa kung sino ang iyong nalamangan. Bagkus ito ay nakikita sa kung paano ka nakapagtimpi at nakapagpalamang sa kapwa.
8. Aspire and work for higher, greater and nobler things. Ikaw ay agila na may kakayahang lumipad. Huwag mong maging huwaran ang mga manok sakali mang sila ang iyong kasamang lumaki.
Read Ka Louie's entire post here: