Pacquiao, De Lima, Risa in top 12: Pulse Asia
Jojo Malig, ABS-CBN News
Re-electionists dominate November 2015 survey for ABS-CBN
Zubiri, Gordon also in Magic 12
Isko Moreno jumps to 13th place
MANILA - The Philippines' fighting Congressman Manny Pacquiao is among the top picks in the latest Pulse Asia nationwide survey on senatorial candidates in the 2016 elections commissioned by ABS-CBN.
The 8-time former world champion Pacquiao, who is currently serving as Sarangani congressman, placed 7-10 in the November 8-15, 2015 Pulse Asia survey for ABS-CBN.
The poll said 96% of survey respondents were aware of Pacquiao and 50.2% said they would vote for him if the elections were held during the survey period.
Respondents were asked: "Sa mga taong nasa listahang ito, sinu-sino ang inyong iboboto bilang SENADOR NG PILIPINAS kung ang eleksyon ng 2016 ay gaganapin ngayon at sila ay mga kandidato? Pwedeng kayong pumili ng hanggang 12 pangalan."
The second question, which focused on voter awareness, was "May narinig, nabasa, o napanood na ba kayong kahit na ano tungkol sa mga sumusunod o wala pa?"
Senator Vicente Sotto topped the survey, with 72.6% of respondents saying they will vote for him.
Philippine Red Cross chairman Richard Gordon (49.7%, 7th-10th places), former Justice Secretary Leila de Lima (37.9%, 11th-12th places), and former Akbayan party-list Rep. Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel (11th-12th places) were also in the winning circle.
Completing the list of probable winners are:
- Panfilo Lacson (65.3%) 2nd-3rd places
- Ralph Recto (62.9%) 2nd-6th
- Francis Pangilinan (58%) 3rd-6th
- Franklin Drilon (57.5%) 3rd-7th
- Juan Miguel Zubiri (57.5%) 3rd-7th
- Sergio Osmeña III (52.1%) 5th-9th
- Teofisto Guingona III (44.8%) 8th-10th
Other personalities who performed well in the senatorial survey are:
- Manila Vice Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso (30.4%, 13th); he was in 17th to 22nd place in the September 2015 survey
- former Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) chairman Francis Tolentino (23.4%, 14th-18th),
- TV host Edu Manzano (22.2%, 14th-18th).
Also in the top 20 are:
- Valenzuela Rep. Sherwin Gatchalian (22%, 14th-18th),
- former Pampanga Gov. Mark Lapid (20.4%, 14th-18th),
- former TESDA chief Joel Villanueva (19.7%, 14th-19th),
- actress-turned-politician Alma Moreno (15.4%, 18th-20th), and
- Ferdinand Martin Romualdez (14.6%, 19th-20th).
The latest Pulse Asia survey for ABS-CBN, which had an error margin of +/-3, had a total of 1,200 respondents nationwide: 300 in the National Capital Region, 300 in Balance Luzon, 300 in Visayas, and 300 in Mindanao.
The Pulse Asia survey held September 8-14 had the following on its list of probable winners:
- Senator Vicente Sotto III
- Former Senator Panfilo Lacson
- Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
- Senate President Franklin M. Drilon
- Francis N. Pangilinan
- Senator Ralph G. Recto
- Former Senator Juan Miguel F. Zubiri
- Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao
- Senator Sergio R. Osmeña III
- Former Senator Richard Gordon
- Las Piñas City Rep. Mark Villar
- Former Senator Jamby Madrigal
- Former DOJ Secretary Leila de Lima
- Taguig City Rep. Lino Edgardo S. Cayetano