MANILA – Broadway star Lea Salonga added another feather to her cap after being one of the 20 recipients of the 'Pamana ng Pilipino' award on Friday.
The 'Pamana ng Pilipino Award' is conferred on Filipinos overseas, who, in exemplifying the talent and industry of the Filipino, have brought the country honor and recognition through excellence and distinction in the pursuit of their work or profession.
It is one of the four categories of the 2014 Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas.
Salonga performed the song "Tagumpay Nating Lahat" during the awarding ceremony held Friday in Malacanang.
White House Executive Chef Cristeta Comerford, investigative journalist Sheila Coronel, pianist Cecile Licad, South Korea national assembly member Jasmine Lee, and composer Robert Lopez also received the same award.
Below is the complete list of Pamana ng Pilipino awardees:
1. Marianito O. Asperilla (USA)
2. Michael Cinco (UAE)
3. Kristoffer L. Collo (USA)
4. Cristeta Comerford (USA)
5. Sheila S. Coronel (USA)
6. William D. Dar (India)
7. Roderick M. Dela Cruz (USA)
8. Filomenita M. Hoegsholm (Denmark)
9. Jonathan D. Irabagon (USA)
10. Jasmine B. Lee (South Korea)
11. Cecile B. Licad (USA)
12. Sheila Lirio-Marcelo (USA)
13. Robert Lopez (USA)
14. Katherine R. Luzuriaga (USA)
15. Baldomero M. Olivera (USA)
16. Alfredo R. Roces (Australia)
17. Lea Salonga (USA)
18. Lolita Valderrama-Savage (USA)
19. Paolo Antonio S. Silva (USA)
20. Ofelia Gelvezon-Tequi (France)
-With report from Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News