MANILA - The Department of Health (DOH) announced on Friday that the Filipina nurse who was diagnosed with the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome-Coronovirus (MERS-CoV) has been cleared of the deadly virus.
The pregnant Pinay nurse was discharged on Friday morning from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).
Acting Health Secretary Janet Garin said the nurse who served as the index case, underwent three succeeding tests taken every other day and all showed negative results.
But as part of the protocol, she will still be placed under a 10-day home quarantine and had been advised to limit movements within her place of residence.
She can now mingle freely with other family members.
The Pinay nurse arrived from the Middle East on February 1.
Garin said this showed the health detection and confinement system works.
With this development, Garin announced that as of now, there is no longer any active MERS-COV case in the country.