Kris, Vic didn't expect 'My Little Bossings' to be a huge hit

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 30 2013 10:56 AM | Updated as of Dec 30 2013 06:56 PM

Vic Sotto and Kris Aquino lead the cast of "My Little Bossings" during the 39th Metro Manila Film Festival Parade of Stars on Sunday. Photo by Mark Cristino for ABS-CBNnews.com

MANILA – Host-actress Kris Aquino admitted that she was initially worried that "My Little Bossings" will not be a huge hit in the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).

Aquino and comedian Vic Sotto co-produced the film starring her son, James "Bimby" Yap Jr., and child actress Ryzza Mae Dizon.

The "Kris TV" host recalled how she initially felt the pressure of topping the success of Sotto's previous movies in the MMFF, which were all box office hits.

"Alam mo napa-drive ng six hours to go to Manaoag last night para lang makapagpasalamat ako. Kasi sa totoo lang, pinagdasal ko na P30 million kasi 'yun ang kinita ni Bong and Vic last year," she said.

Aquino said Sotto shared her sentiment as well.

"And nagkaaminan kami ni Vic kanina, na 'Alam mo ayaw ko na mapahiya sa'yo, na 'yung pag-partner mo sa akin, baka hindi mapantayan 'yung last year,'" she told reporters at the sidelines of the MMFF awards night held last Friday.

"Tapos sabi ni Vic, 'Sige puwede na ako umamin, takot din ako na baka yung maliit, natutuwa lang yung tao pero hindi gagastos para panoorin.' Hindi namin talaga inaaasahan [na malaki ang kikitain ng pelikula]," she added.

According to Aquino, she and Sotto already recovered their capital in producing the movie as of 2 p.m. Friday.

"Kung nag-expect [kaming kikita], nagpakatotoo kami na hindi. Alam namin na matindi ang kakumpitensya. Pero siguro kasi Christmas is for children and this was once in a lifetime, very special partnership,” she said.

Their worries were unfounded, however, as "My Little Bossings" easily assumed the top spot among the eight films during the festival's opening day last Christmas.

To celebrate the movie's success, Aquino said she will spend the rest of their holidays with her sons in Europe.

"Pangako ko sa dalawang anak ko ang London. Masuwerte lang na may mga friends kami nandoon, si Bea (Alonzo) and si Zanjoe (Marudo) nandoon so magkikita kami. Nag-book na ako ng limang play kasi 'yun ang kaligayahan namin, manood ng theater," she said.

Aquino and her two sons left for London on Sunday.

The TV host, who is under contract with ABS-CBN, said leaving the country is also her way of evading intrigues.

“Para iwas intriga na rin muna kasi napapabalita 'yung pagre-renew [ng contract]. Magmumuni-muni po at aalis,” she said.