|MasterChef Pinoy Edition. File photo
MANILA, Philippines -- A day before Christmas, the reality cooking show "MasterChef Pinoy Edition" revealed its Top 10 finalists after Betty Bais was eliminated from the culinary contest on Monday.
Bais, a house helper from Cebu, failed to impress the chef-judges with her Chunky Pork Lumpia with Apple Glaze.
"Maraming salamat sa inyo. Na-experience ko 'yung paanong makihalubilo, mag-adjust. Nagshi-share kayo ng kwento sa buhay buhay at hindi talaga mababayaran ng pera ang experience ko sa 'MasterChef,'" she said after she was eliminated.
"Hindi porke katulong o kasambahay ka lang ay hindi mo na kayang abutin ang pangarap mo. Hindi mo dapat nilu-look down ang sarili mo dapat mangarap ka talaga at maabot mo yon kapag determinado ka," Bais added.
Below are the 10 finalists who are left to compete for the P1-million cash prize.
1. Carla Marcaida, 40, a businesswoman from Bulacan
2. Lilibeth Nicolas, 31, a house helper from Quezon City
3. Mac Serrano, 29, an ex-seaman from Tarlac
4. JR Royol, 29, a band vocalist from Benguet
5. Reggie Apolinario, 30, call a center agent from Laguna
6. Gian Espadera, 20, a Human Resource Management student from Davao
7. Myra Santos, 31, an accounting associate from Muntinlupa
8. Maureen Angala, 33, a housewife from Muntinlupa
9. Ivory Yat, 26, a nurse from Quezon City
10. Ronnel Torres, 30, a sari-sari store owner from Pampanga
"MasterChef Pinoy Edition" airs on weekdays before the hit daytime soap"Be Careful With My Heart" while "MasterChef Saturdish Edition" with Melai Cantiveros and former "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4" housemates Joj and Jai Agpangan airs every Saturday.