WATCH: Will Julia Montes join ‘Probinsyano’? Coco Martin answers

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 10 2019 07:56 PM | Updated as of Dec 10 2019 09:19 PM

MANILA — Coco Martin is not discounting the possibility of his erstwhile leading lady Julia Montes joining the cast of his long-running primetime series “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano.”

Julia Montes and Coco Martin co-starred in ‘Wansapanataym’ in 2015. ABS-CBN

Montes, with whom Martin has been romantically linked since their tandem’s teleserye debut via “Walang Hanggan” in 2012, has been on hiatus from showbiz for over a year.

She recently returned home to the Philippines, sparking speculation that she is poised for a television or film comeback after the October 2018 conclusion of her last TV drama, “Asintado.”

“Siguro may tamang pagkakataon,” Martin said, referring to Montes as a possible guest star in “Ang Probinsyano.”

He answered in the affirmative when asked if he has previously considered Montes as an addition to the series’ cast, adding, “Actually, lahat naman ng mga artista na puwede makatulong sa show, siyempre kami naman ‘yung lumalapit sa kanila.”

Watch more in iWant or TFC.tv

Martin, who is also credited as director Rodel Nacianceno (his real name) in “Ang Probinsyano,” was being interviewed by ABS-CBN News’ MJ Felipe in light of the show’s recent fourth anniversary on air.

Martin said casting guests has become increasingly challenging, given the succession of A-list stars and returning actors joining the show in limited or regular roles.

That being the case, Martin teased “Ang Probinsyano,” is poised to go international in 2020, with the inclusion of foreign actors and the filming of scenes overseas, on top of larger-scale action sequences.