MANILA - Indie filmmaker Arlyn Dela Cruz, citing that she wants to start "fresh," said that she has made a "liberating" decision to replace actor Ping Medina in her film "Bubog."
In a Facebook post, Dela Cruz announced that she is replacing Medina with an unnamed actor in hopes that she could bring back the "happy atmosphere" on the set of her film.
She added that she has already discussed her decision with Medina, whom she said has been traumatized after ex-matinee idol Baron Geisler urinated on him while shooting a scene. She said that Medina needs some time to rest and recover.
"Thank you, Ping. You gave me Efren Aguilar (the name of Medina's character) until the last second for that scene. With or without that betrayal on the set for that scene, I would like you to know that you owned the character. Years from now, maybe we will view that scene together with popcorn and drinks and look back on how this experience have made us stronger as individuals."
Dela Cruz had earlier written out Geisler's character from her film following the incident with Medina.
In the same post revealing her planned changes to her film, Dela Cruz said that she has already forgiven Geisler for his misbehavior.
"To you Baron, you can now concentrate on promoting your film-documentary and your book. You cannot use this project anymore. You are forgiven. You need help and I hope you get it soon. The next 'stunt' you might do may not receive understanding and forgiveness," she said.
Dela Cruz was referring to an unfinished trailer released on Thursday by a group called Beastmode Productions, which revealed that Geisler's past row with indie actor Kiko Matos was just part of a documentary film featuring the two.
The production house said the recent controversial fights and confrontations involving Geisler were staged and are going to be part of a film that will be released December 15.
Geisler had already apologized to both Medina and Dela Cruz.