MANILA -- The lawyers of actress-host Kris Aquino denied Sunday that she issued a death threat against her former business partner, Nicko Falcis.
Falcis left the country fearing a supposed threat to his life, his lawyer brother Jesus said last week.
Aquino "is not capable of having someone killed," which is why she filed cases against Falcis, her legal team from Divina Law said in a statement posted on her Instagram page.
It was "surprising" that Jesus is the one issuing a public statement on Falcis' behalf, the firm said.
"He (Falcis) has not submitted any counter-affidavit unti now. There is no warrant for his arrest," it noted.
"Why is he hiding? Flight is an admission of guilt," it added.
Aquino earlier filed theft cases against Falcis in several cities for supposedly using for personal purchases a credit card she had entrusted to him only for transactions involving her company, Kris Cojuangco Aquino Productions.
The actress, in her complaints, alleged that the amount in purchases supposedly stolen by Falcis reached P1.27 million.
Aquino "will still be filling other cases," said Divina Law, but declined to discuss these in the media saying these "are best resolved in the prosecutor's office and in the courts."
The firm said they tried to "reach out to amicably settle these cases" but Falcis, his lawyers and relatives were allegedly "unreasonable, unwilling and insincere."
The video on Aquino's Instagram post shows snippets of the supposed conversation between her and Falcis' lawyers.
Aquino said she will go to the Quezon City on Monday, presumably to lodge formal charges at the prosecutor's office.