MANILA – (UPDATED) The Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) executive committee has officially released the last four films to complete its so-called "Magic 8."
- "Deadma Walking" by T-Rex Entertainment, directed by Julius Alfonso and starring Joross Gamboa
- "Siargao" by TEN17P Productions, directed by Paul Soriano and starring Jericho Rosales and Erich Gonzales
- "Haunted Forest" by Regal Entertainment, directed by Ian Loreños and starring Jane Oineza
- "Ang Larawan" by Culturtrain Musicat Productions, directed by Loy Arcenas and starring Rachel Alejandro and Joanna Ampil
The four movies were picked from finished film submissions, as compared to the first half of the so-called "Magic 8" which were announced back in July.
The first four movies, which were chosen based on script submissions, include:
- "Ang Panday" by CCM Creative Productions Inc., directed by and starring Coco Martin
- "Almost is Not Enough" by Quantum and MJM Productions, directed by Dan Villegas and starring Jennylyn Mercado and Derek Ramsay
- "Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad" by Star Cinema and Viva Films, directed by Joyce Bernal and starring Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla, and Pia Wurtzbach
- "Meant to Beh" by Octo Arts Films, directed by Chris Martinez and starring Vic Sotto and Dawn Zulueta
The MMFF 2017 short film entries, meanwhile, include "Anino," "Anong Nangyari Kay Nicanor Dante?", "Black Market," "Crab Mentality," "Gunita," "Isang Gabi (One Night)," "Kinalimutan Natin ang mga Bata," and "Noel."
The executive committee said that the new rule in choosing entries is in pursuit of "both artistic excellence and audience appeal that can equate to more benefits to its target industry beneficiaries."
MMFF 2017 will kick off on Christmas day, December 25.