WATCH: Morissette’s interview minutes before leaving concert guesting

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Nov 07 2019 07:01 PM | Updated as of Nov 08 2019 08:26 AM

Singer Morissette on Thursday backed out of a scheduled concert guesting minutes before her turn on stage, prompting a mid-show apology from the event producer and her handler.

Singer Morissette and music newcomer Kiel Alo have a joint interview with ABS-CBN News’ Mario Dumaual prior to the latter’s November 6, 2019 concert. ABS-CBN News

Morissette was among the guests of showbiz newcomer Kiel Alo at his birthday concert at the Music Museum.

However, shortly before she was due to perform with Alo, talent manager Jobert Sucaldito appeared on stage to apologize for Morissette’s non-appearance. He was joined by David Cosico, the business manager of Morissette.

“Morissette was here this afternoon until this evening,” he said, noting that the “Akin Ka Na Lang” hitmaker even rehearsed with Alo.

“I would like to apologize on her behalf. There’s a medical emergency that we have to attend to. I am so sorry,” Cosico told the audience.

Also apologizing for the disruption, Sucaldito then asked Morissette to appear on stage, to prove that she was indeed at the venue.

“Can we just ask Morissette, makita lang siya ng mga tao. Kasi ayoko isipin ng mga tao na hindi siya dumating… Baka sabihin kasi ng mga tao, niloko natin sila, e,” he said.

Pointing out that Morissette was, in fact, already made up and dressed for her guesting, Sucaldito added: “May emergency lang, hindi makalabas ang boses. Talagang she’s so devastated.”

From the stage, Sucaldito then pointed to a side of the audience, indicating that Morissette passed the area.

Watch more in iWant or TFC.tv

Speaking with members of the entertainment press after the concert, Sucaldito detailed the events leading up to Morissette’s departure, as seen in a video from journalist Eugene Asis.

Sucaldito narrated that minutes before the start of the concert, Morissette was interviewed alongside Alo by ABS-CBN News’ Mario Dumaual.

The interview, which can be viewed in full below, touched on Morissette’s participation in Alo’s concert, her tips to the aspiring star, and the recent headlines about Morissette’s ties with her family.

Morissette’s father, Amay Amon, had earlier publicly disapproved of her relationship with singer Dave Lamar, in a series of tweets which went viral.

“Lagi na lang din po ako nagdadasal. Kung ano ang ma-control ko, that’s the most that we can do. Si Lord na po ang bahala sa iba,” Morissette said in the interview.

She also thanked fans who have continued to express support since the controversy first erupted, saying, “I’m very grateful po sa prayers and sa concern, and ngayon, nili-leave ko na lang po lahat kay Lord.”

Watch more in iWant or TFC.tv

Sucaldito, in his huddle with fellow press members after the concert, recounted that after Morissette’s interview, her camp informed him that she can no longer perform as scheduled.

According to Sucaldito, Cosico said Morissette “felt she was attacked by the media, by the interview.”

“She cannot sing,” Sucaldito recalled Cosico as saying, before the two camps reached a deal about how to announce the development to the audience.

Sucaldito said he was concerned he might be perceived as a “criminal,” after having prominently promoted Morissette’s guest appearance in posters and tickets for Alo’s concert.

His condition to Cosico, Sucaldito said, was that Morissette should at least appear on stage — “she doesn’t even have to say anything” — when they announce she is unable to perform.

That, however, did not happen, with Sucaldito turning emotional in his interview over the alleged “disrespect” towards him as a producer and press veteran, and to the birthday concert of Alo.