Two weeks ago, Tom Hardy shared on Instagram a bunch of fanart of Venom, the Marvel antihero with a terrifying maw whom he's portraying for an upcoming solo movie due for release in October.
And as it turns out, one of them was done by a Filipino artist.
Columbia Pictures, the local distributor for the "Venom" movie, revealed that the artwork below is by a Pinoy named Christian Brian Gomez, and is one of 7 finalists of a fanart contest.
Gomez's striking tribute was one of the three Hardy picked among the submissions from the Philippines. The other four finalists were chosen by Talenthouse, an online creator community.
You can check all of them out below:
1. Harrison Espina, a Tom Hardy and 'Venom Team' pick
2. Jeuz Sumangil, a Tom Hardy and 'Venom Team' pick
3. Don Suratos, a Talenthouse pick
4. JB Villafuerte, a Talenthouse pick
5. Marthin Anthony Millado, a Talenthouse pick
6. John Becaro, a Talenthouse pick
The "Venom" movie is due out in the Philippines on October 4.