What happened that night? Billy Crawford speaks up


Posted at Sep 15 2014 01:40 AM | Updated as of Oct 20 2016 04:00 PM

MANILA -- Actor Billy Crawford has opened up about what really happened on the night he was detained after he became drunk last week in Taguig City.

In an exclusive interview aired on "The Buzz" on Sunday, Crawford denied allegations that he and girlfriend, Coleen Garcia, had a fight prior to the incident.

"Unang-una po sa lahat, sa mga ispekulasyon po ng mga tao na kami ni Coleen ay nag-away or something like that, actually she had nothing to do with this," Crawford told host Boy Abunda.

He also narrated what happened inside a club in Taguig.

"To be honest with you, when you go to clubs, and you’re, say, a celebrity, ang daming nangsisira ng araw mo eh. There were a few guys, nobody knew who they were, I didn’t know who they were, and they ended up in the same section where we were, but they kept on pointing fingers and laughing, you know, nang-iinis, sa amin doon sa lamesa, nang-aasar na. So ako, medyo, I’m at my guard now, I’m with Coleen, I don’t want anything to happen to her, including our friends, and for myself as well, parang, sige, alis na lang tayo, let’s just go," Crawford added.

Crawford admitted that he was under the influence of alcohol, and that they decided to leave the club after things became a bit heated.

"Umabot na sa konting pisikalan at konting dakdak. I wasn’t completely wasted but I admitted to having some alcohol. I admitted to the fact that I had a few too many drinks actually, I should say, but I wasn’t wasted," he clarified.

He said he was not feeling well when he left the club, and instead of driving, he called his friends to seek help.

"I was just in a lot of stress, and I really, really didn’t want any of these to happen talaga eh. So push comes to shove, umalis na lang ako. I went down, actually pinauna ko pa si Coleen. Sabi ko, just go, I’ll follow na lang. So she left, and all of a sudden, I don’t know why I just felt so aggravated, annoyed," he narrated.

"I went out, I just wanted to clear my head, try at least. And then I ended up bumping my car. 'Yun na, parang it just took its toll on me, what’s happening to me right now, I just needed to settle down. I don’t know anyone who lives nearby, wala eh. I was calling friends, come here meet me," he added.

Crawford explained that Garcia did not know anything about the incident, and that it was one of her friends who went with him.

"She actually went with me, tapos napaupo lang ako sa curb. Nanginginig na ako sa hindi ko alam kung anong naiisip ko na," he added.

He decided to go to a nearby precinct because he does not want to hurt anyone.

"I don’t really want to drive and end up hurting myself, or hurting anyone else, eksakto I saw the precinct, so I walked over seeking for help, Tito Boy, because I just needed to calm down," he explained.

Crawford also denied that he was under the influence of drugs that night.

"When I was arrested na, and taken to Taguig, I sat down in front of a major and a few other officers, and they asked me, would you mind taking a drug test. Sure, wala naman po akong maitatago eh. I do not do drugs, and I never will. So I did my drug test. It was negative as usual," he said.

He added that he never hit anyone, contrary to claims that he hit a police officer inside the precinct.

"Wala. Walang-wala akong tinamaan. I never hit anyone, and I never got physical with anybody," he stressed.

Crawford said the experience taught him that he does not have to keep everything to himself.

"I never open up to anybody. I keep everything here eh. I was raised to make everyone comfortable and happy, no matter how close someone gets to you, I don’t want to involve you with my problems. That was my mistake," he said.

"It’s my fault Tito Boy, that’s why I apologized to all, actually. Kasi wala naman akong nasaktan. I apologize bilang, a public figure, I should be more responsible," he stressed.