MANILA — Over the past five months since the announcement of “Hello, Love, Goodbye” in March, first-time co-stars Kathryn Bernardo and Alden Richards appear to have formed a warm bond that’s evident in their appearances together.
“KathDen,” as they’re now endearingly called by fans, inhabited their characters’ lives during their one-month stay in Hong Kong, sharing experiences both light and profound, according to the onscreen couple in past interviews.
Identified with respective love teams from rival networks, Bernardo and Richards defied expectations not only with their chemistry, but also with the positive reception to the fresh tandem, even from their long-time fans.
While prior to 2019, it would have been inconceivable to put “Kathryn” and “Alden” in one casting billing, much less a news headline, now the two have gone past being just co-stars — they’re real-life friends.
Here’s a look at cute and genuine moments shared by Bernardo and Richards which, given the once-impossible prospect of their team-up, are certainly worth tagging #friendshipgoals:
1. When Kathryn told Alden he was the ‘only option’
2. When Alden made Kathryn nervous with a ‘personal’ question (see the 7:17 mark below)
3. When they agreed to go on a double date, and Kathryn called out for a potential companion for Alden, who’s single
4. When Kathryn told Alden ‘I’m so proud of you’ for a ‘realization’ he had about choosing between his dream or love (see the 1:57 mark below)
5. When they showed no signs of awkwardness during a movie poster challenge
6. When Kathryn, in front of Alden, shared she once cried to a love song because of a fight (see the 2:30 mark below)
7. When they agreed on being K-pop fans (see the 00:49 mark below)
8. When they exchanged ‘knock knock’ jokes and cheered for each other (see the 5:05 mark below)
9. When Kathryn welcomed ‘Kapuso’ Alden to ABS-CBN
10. When Kathryn called Alden ‘bro’ (see the 4:46 mark below)
11. When Kathryn attested to Alden’s professionalism (see the 33:20 mark below)
12. When Alden credited Kathryn for making him a better actor (see the 1:54 mark below)