For Kathryn and Daniel, ABS-CBN franchise, COVID-19 cure come first before future plans

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 07 2020 11:53 AM | Updated as of Jul 07 2020 01:30 PM

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by DP (@supremo_dp) on

MANILA – Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla are putting their home network and other more pressing issues above any future plans that they intend to do as a love team.

In an interview during the Facebook Live broadcast of Star Magic’s “Love from Home” series on Saturday, the two were asked if there is anything their supporters should look forward to in the near future.

Without missing a beat, Bernardo said: “I-look forward po muna natin na magkaroon na ng cure. Kung ano man ang gamot sa virus na ito, sana dumating na siya.”

Supplementing his girlfriend’s answer, Padilla quipped: “Look forward din siyempre sa prangkisa ng ABS-CBN.”

“Paano tayo magpaplano kung wala pa namang ABS-CBN? Maaaring wala kung hindi tayo magbigyan [ng prangkisa]. Eh ‘di wala, ‘di ba? Look forward tayo sa positivity na mangyayari,” he added.

Agreeing with Padilla, Bernardo said a lot of things are currently happening and it just feels right for them to give their support to ABS-CBN first.

“Yun muna. Sa daming nangyayari ngayon, bago kami, siguro kompanya maging okay muna ang estado. Kapag nangyari iyon, tara, trabaho na tayo,” she said.

“Ang daming artista na miss na miss na magtrabaho. Ang daming fans at supporters naming lahat na gusto makita ang ABS back on TV. Let’s hope for that,” she added.

The House committees on legislative franchises, and good government and public accountability conducted on Monday their 12th hearing on the bills seeking to grant ABS-CBN a fresh 25-year franchise.

The proceedings began last month and have tackled such issues as the citizenship of ABS-CBN chairman emeritus Eugenio "Gabby" Lopez III, the company's issuance of Philippine Depositary Receipts, and alleged labor and tax violations, among others.

The network's previous franchise expired on May 4, prompting the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) the day after to issue a cease and desist order against its broadcast operations on TV and radio.

Last week, the government ordered the shutdown of more of the network’s broadcast platforms.

Separate cease and desist orders from the NTC directed ABS-CBN to stop operating its digital TV transmission in Metro Manila using channel 43 (TVPlus), as well as Sky Cable Corp.'s SKYdirect.

Legislators are expected to vote on ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal this week.