'No more excuses': John Lloyd appeals to follow health protocols to fight COVID-19

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jun 24 2020 12:08 PM | Updated as of Jun 24 2020 06:35 PM

MANILA – John Lloyd Cruz is using his voice in sending an important message as the country fights the coronavirus disease.

In a video uploaded in the Facebook page of the University of the Philippines Medical Alumni Society – Cebu Chapter, Cruz said there are no more excuses as to why Filipinos should not follow strict health protocols.

“Ako man guilty usahay. (Kahit ako guilty minsan). Pero sugod karon, wa nay rason. (Pero simula ngayon, wala nang rason). No more excuses,” he said. 

“Magsuot ho tayo ng face mask. Maghugas lagi ng kamay. Manatili po tayo sa ating mga balay (bahay). At kung kinakailangan po lumabas, sundin po ang social distancing. Naay paglaum. Kita ang paglaum. (There is hope. We are the hope),” he added.

 

President Rodrigo Duterte last week placed Cebu City back under the strictest lockdown level, the enhanced community quarantine or ECQ that limits economic activity to utility services, food, water and other essential sectors.

This after the city recently breached the 4,000-mark of COVID-19 cases, prompting the health department and local government to increase medical workers in Cebu City.