Sarah Lahbati 'very happy' as CA denies GMA-7 appeal

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jun 22 2018 08:06 PM

 

A post shared by Sarah Lahbati (@sarahlahbati) on

MANILA — The Court of Appeals has stood by its decision to junk a case filed by GMA-7 against its former talent, Sarah Lahbati, for breach of contract, the actress' legal counsel confirmed Friday.

In its decision, the CA denied the TV network's motion for reconsideration, in relation to the earlier dismissal of its complaint against Lahbati last October 13.

That civil case for breach of contract was originally filed before the Quezon City Regional Trial Court in 2013, or three years into Lahbati's time as a GMA-7 talent after winning its talent search, "StarStruck," in 2010.

GMA-7's complaint, which sought P8.5 million in damages from Lahbati, was dismissed on the RTC level, prompting the network to bring it to the CA.

Previously, GMA-7 executive Annette Gozon-Abrogar also filed a libel case against Lahbati. But that, too, has been dismissed.

"Sarah, Richard, and their two boys are currently in Geneva for a vacation," Lahbati's legal counsel, Atty. Marie Garduque, told ABS-CBN News through text message. 

"I already relayed to her the decision of the Court of Appeals, and she is very happy that all the cases of GMA against her have been dismissed."

This, however, isn't yet the last of Lahbati's legal battle with her former home network, as she still has a collection case against GMA-7 for her unpaid talent fees before the Quezon City RTC, according to Garduque.

"She will testify in court when she returns [from vaction]," Lahbati's lawyer said. 

"She would like to thank her family and fans who never left her along the way."