MANILA, Philippines - After several glitches in negotiations, KC Concepcion has finally accepted an offer to be the third major host of showbiz talk show “The Buzz.”
Concepcion and 3 ABS-CBN executives signed a deal Friday night after the 2 parties were able to iron out the contract issues and details of her new hosting job.
Concepcion’s talent managers, Shirley Kwan and Sandra Chavez, were also present during the contract signing.
“The Buzz” made the announcement on Sunday when the show threw a birthday party for the actress. She turned 25 on April 7.
Concepcion promised a “bigger, bolder and braver” entertainment show.
“Isang malaking karangalan ang makasama dito sa ‘The Buzz’ with Tita Kris (Aquino) at Tito Boy (Abunda) na talagang forever ko silang pinapanood dito sa TV. And now it’s just so exciting to be part of this show,” she said.
“This is a new adventure for me and for you guys na din. Thank you very much at sana mag-enjoy tayong lahat every Sunday,” she added.
This is not the actress’ first hosting job though.
When she was 18 years old, she was a VJ for MTV Philippines. She also hosted ABS-CBN's television special "KC: From Paris to Pinas," her first television project for the Kapamilya network.
“I feel like I’m coming home,” she said.
The announcement ended weeks of speculations regarding Ruffa Gutierrez's replacement. The speculations started after Gutierrez left the Kapamilya network for TV5 last month.
Gretchen Barretto was among those rumored to take Gutierrez’s spot. Reports also said Vice Ganda was also considered to become one of the show's major hosts. His name was later dropped from the list after Aquino disclosed that the new host would be a girl.
Concepcion is the daughter Megastar Sharon Cuneta and first husband actor Gabby Concepcion.