MANILA - Fans were devastated when Netflix announced last week that Noah Centineo and Lana Condor would no longer visit the Philippines for Valentine’s Day because of the coronavirus situation.
The two stars were supposed to visit the country for a meet and greet to promote “To All the Boys PS I Still Love you,” the sequel to their first movie together.
If it’s any consolation, the feelings were apparently mutual.
“I am so heartbroken that we weren’t able to come. It really, really sucks. When I heard it, I was like, ‘No! This can’t be! This can’t be,’” Condor said in an interview with ABS-CBN News and other entertainment reporters on Thursday.
The actress said she already knew what she was going to do had their Manila trip pushed through.
“I was so excited because I was gonna eat so much lumpia. You don’t understand. To me, I had to eat lumpia. So my heart was broken,” she gushed.
Despite the cancellation, both stars are still hopeful they will be able to meet their Filipino fans in the future, particularly when the third installment of their movie comes out.
“Yeah, absolutely. I think there’s definitely a chance,” Centineo quipped.
Netflix released the “To All the Boys” sequel worldwide on February 12.