MANILA, Philippines -- Contestant Gian Espadera has cooked his last dish on "MasterChef Pinoy Edition."
On Tuesday's episode of the hit reality cooking show, Espadera, who's also the show's youngest contestant, was failed to impress the chef-judges with his longganisa dish.
"Simula noong edition ko sa Davao gusto ko maging proud sa akin ang tatay ko. Ngayon po ini-enjoy ko na lang. Nae-excite ako sa sarili ko kung ano pa ang pwede kong ilabas, maraming salamat po talaga," said Espadera.
Last week, Sonny Boy Tuazon or Darak King returned to "MasterChef Pinoy Edition" as an official finalist after he won the challenges in the show's wildcard week.
Below are the nine finalists who are left to compete for the P1-million cash prize and culinary scholarship.
1. Carla Marcaida, 40, a businesswoman from Bulacan
2. Ronnel Torres, 30, a sari-sari store owner from Pampanga
3. Mac Serrano, 29, an ex-seaman from Tarlac
4. JR Royol, 29, a band vocalist from Benguet
5. Reggie Apolinario, 30, a call center agent from Laguna
6. Sonny Boy Tuazon, 24, from Bataan
7. Myra Santos, 31, an accounting associate from Muntinlupa
8. Maureen Angala, 33, a housewife from Muntinlupa
9. Ivory Yat, 26, a nurse from Quezon City
"MasterChef Pinoy Edition" airs on weekdays before the hit daytime soap"Be Careful With My Heart," while "MasterChef Saturdish Edition" with Melai Cantiveros and former "Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4" housemates Joj and Jai Agpangan airs every Saturday.