MANILA - Cebu Pacific on Friday announced it has cancelled additional flights due to "unfavorable and unsafe" weather conditions caused by Tropical Storm Vinta.
These flights to and from areas in Visayas and Mindanao were cancelled:
- Cebu-Ozamiz-Cebu (DG 6793 / DG 6794)
- Cebu-Pagadian-Cebu DG 6641 / DG 66)
- Cebu-Dipolog-Cebu (DG 6603 / DG 6604)
- Manila-Dipolog-Manila ( 5J 703 / 5J 704 and 5J 705 / 5J 706)
- Manila-Dumaguete-Manila (5J 629 / 5J 630 and 5J 631 / 5J 632)
- Cebu-Dumaguete-Cebu (DG 6517 / DG 6518)
- Manila-Cotabato-Manila (5J 887 / 5J 888)
Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines earlier announced flight cancellations for Friday due to heavy rains and strong winds expected in parts of the region.
As of 11 a.m., 28 areas in the Visayas and Mindanao remained under storm warning signals due to Vinta, which packed maximum sustained winds of 80 kph near the center and gusts of up to 130 kph, as of 11 a.m.
Though unaffected by the storm, Metro Manila, Cagayan Valley, Cordillera, and Bicol shoul also expect rain showers due to the northeast monsoon, PAGASA said.
Vinta is expected to exit the Philippine area of responsibility on Christmas Day.