MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) has released a new P10 coin in honor of hero Andres Bonifacio's 150th birth anniversary last November 30.
The P10 commemorative coin features Bonifacio's image on one side along with the markings "150 years", "Republika ng Pilipinas" and "2013."
On the other side, the BSP seal, Bonifacio's signature, Bonifacio monument, and the markings "150 years", "1863-2013" and "Dangal at Bayanihan" are featured.
The BSP is releasing only 10 million pieces of the Bonifacio commemorative coin, which has the same size and weight as the P10 coin currently in circulation.
In a statement released Tuesday, BSP disclosed the complete description and details of the coin:
- Obverse: Portrait of Andres Bonifacio with the following markings:
"10 Piso", "REPUBLIKA NG PILIPINAS", and Yearmark "2013"
- Reverse: New Seal of the BSP with the following markings: "150 Years", "1863-2013", "Signature of Andres Bonifacio", "DANGAL AT KABAYANIHAN," and the Bonifacio Monument
b. Denomination / Face Value: 10-Piso
- Material: Existing 10-Piso coin blanks (bi-metal)
- Metallic Composition and Color:
a) Ring - 75% Cu, 25% Ni / Grayish White
b) Core - 92% Cu, 6% Al, 2% Ni / Yellow
- Shape: Round
- Weight: 8.70 grams
- Diameter: 26.50 millimeters
- Edge: Milled
d. Mintage (quantity): 10 million pieces, of which 20,000 pieces will be packed Brilliant Uncirculated coins
The issuance of the coin was recommended by the Monetary Board and approved by the Office of the President.