MANILA - The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) board is targeting the approval of 26 projects worth P1-trillion before 2017 ends, a sign of the administration's commitment to rev up its infrastructure program.
So far, 20 projects have been approved, said NEDA during its 2017 year-end briefing. The agency hopes to approve six more projects.
In total, all 26 projects are worth nearly P1-trillion, a figure bigger than the infrastructure programs in previous years.
Among the approved projects are the Clark International Airport expansion project, the Metro Manila Subway project, the Chico River Dam project, and the Mindanao Railway project.
These are among the 12 to 15 projects expected to roll out next year.
NEDA said these projects will help generate jobs for Filipinos who may be displaced in the Middle East as well as the introduction of artificial intelligence mainly in the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector next year.
NEDA, however, did not give estimates as to how many new jobs will be created by these 26 projects.
Budget Secretary Ben Diokno earlier said, the Build, Build, Build program is seen creating at least 1 million new jobs every year.
List of 20 approved projects:
1. Mindanao Railway Project (MRP) Phase 1 Tagum – Davao - Digos Segment
2. Malolos - Clark Railway Project (PNR North 2)
3. Cavite Industrial Area Flood Risk Management Project
4. Clark International Airport (CIA) Expansion Project
5. Education Pathways to Peace in Conflict-Affected Areas of Mindanao (PATHWAYS)
6. Australia Awards and Alumni Engagement Program Philippines
7. Project Approval and Change in Financing of Chico River Pump Irrigation Project
8. New Communications, Navigation and Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) Systems Development Project: 30-Month Loan Validity Extension and Reallocation of Funds
9. New Configuration of the LRT Line 1 North Extension Project Common Station / Unified Grand Central Station (North Extension Project)
10. Change in Scope, Cost, and Financing Arrangements for the Arterial Road Bypass Project Phase II
11. Change in Financing of the New Centennial Water Source Kaliwa Dam Project
12. Metro Manila Subway Project (MMSP)
13. Improving Growth Corridors in Mindanao Road Sector Project
14. Binondo - Intramuros and Estrella - Pantaleon Bridges Construction Project
15. Lower Agno River Irrigation System Improvement Project
16. Infrastructure Preparation and Innovation Facility
17. Philippine National Railway-South Line*
18. ADB loan validity extension for the Road Improvement and Institutional Development Project*
19. Increase in cost of the Cebu Bus Rapid Transit*
20. Conflict Sensitive Resource and Asset Management (COSERAM) Programme - Financial Cooperation (FC) Measure
Projects pending approval:
1. "Safe Philippines Project" which will be supported by China, this will provide CCTV support, overall command centers for peace and order (under DILG)
2. Improvement of capacity of PH Coast Guard
3. Bridge Construction Acceleration Project of DPWH (between PH and Australia)
4. New Bohol Airport
5. Completion of Circumferential road of Samar Pacific Coastal Project
6. IloIlo irrigation Project (Jalaur Dam)