NTC sets up action center following complaints to 8-number migration

Isay Reyes, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Oct 06 2019 04:54 PM

MANILA -- Representatives of different service providers arrived at the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) to set up an action center on Sunday afternoon. 

This, after several subscribers have complained about the scheduled 8-digit migration which was supposed to be finished by 5 a.m. of October 6. 

Eric Yabut, a water refilling station owner and a Globe landline subscriber, kept on using +7 only to find out that he has to use +3. 

"Ang alam ko ang unang numbero namin is magiging 7 pero pag tinawagan mo ngayon 3 pala. Noon pa 'yun 'yung akala kong numero na idadagdag," Yabut said. 

Yabut was previously a Bayantel subscriber but he migrated to Globe years ago. 

Jeniffer Caro, on the other hand, has a PLDT landline in the laundry shop that she works for but clients are having difficulty reaching their shop. 

"Kasi ginagamit namin ito para tumawag 'yung mga customers pero hindi matawagan minsan kay ini-inform na lang namin sila through text," Caro said. 

A Globe number receives an audio responder "the number you are calling is a PLDT number" while a Smart number easily gets through a call. 

The NTC said the telephone service providers are having difficulty due to different levels of technology used for their services. However, the agency assured that it is doing everything to continue the migration process and address the problems. 

THe NTC advised the public on Sunday to call their respective providers to report problems and get clear directives on which digit to add to their existing landline numbers.