MANILA - PLDT Inc and its wireless unit Smart Communications as well as Globe Telecom on Monday said free calls, WiFi and free charging stations are now available for residents in areas affected by Super Typhoon Karding.
In a statement, PLDT said services have been activated as of 12 noon of Sept. 26 "to serve the communication needs of residents who were impacted by Super Typhoon Karding," the telco
Here's the list of available services from PLDT:
Free call and charging stations
- PD Higet - Capitol Drive, San Jose, Balanga City, Bataan
- Aurora Tel Quezon St. cor Bitong St. Brgy. 2, Baler, Aurora
- Navarro Minimart, 234 Gen. Luna St. Pob 39, Infanta, Quezon
- Bonifacio St., Brgy. Poblacion, Polillo Island, Quezon
- CKC, S&S Supermarket, Poblacion, Moncada, Tarlac
- INFINIREACH, Ancheta St, Poblacion, Tarlac City, Tarlac
- PD Unitek - 2nd Floor, Sapphire Bldg, Zone 1, Iba, Zambales
- PD Extratek - Lorenzana Dental Clinic, 16-20th Street, East Bajac Bajac, Olongapo, Zambales
Free calls, charging, WiFi stations
One RS at San Miguel, Brgy. Sta. Rita, Matanda, San Miguel, Bulacan
• NUEVA ECIJA
- Smartzone Office (formerly Mactal Hardware) 601 Paco Roman St. Brgy Supermarket, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
- Lazaro Francisco Integrated School, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
- Sebenz Loading Station, Maestrang Kikay, Talavera, Nueva Ecija
- PLDT SSC Cabanatuan, Gen. Tinio St., Quezon District, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
- PLDT GAPAN, Tinio St., Gapan City, Nueva Ecija
- RJP at Candaba Convention in front of Municipal Hall, Candaba, Pampanga
- KIANA at Masantol, Sta Lucia Covered Court, Bebe Anac Covered Court, Masantol, Pampanga
PD Unitek - 2nd Floor, Sapphire Bldg, Zone 1, Iba, Zambales
The telco said restoration of disrupted networks is ongoing. It would also deliver relief assistance to heavily affected communities, it added.
Meanwhile, Globe Telecom said services in the National Capital Region (NCR) and most services in the heavily-affected Polilio Group of Islands in Quezon have been restored.
Free calls, charging and WiFi stations have also been deployed in Nueva Ecija while other booths will be available in 3 Quezon towns starting Tuesday.
Schedule and location of free services as follows:
• Sept. 26 (12 nn 7 p.m.) and Sept. 27 to 28 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Brgy. Valenzuela, St. Rosa
- Brgy. H. Concepcion, Cabanatuan City
- Maharlika Hi-way, Brgy. Zulueta, Cabanatuan City (beside Mercury Drug Store & Fusion Gasoline Station)
- Brgy. Diversion, San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija
• Sept. 27 to 29 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Infanta Municipal Plaza
- Polillo Municipal Plaza
- Burdeos Municipal Plaza (LT/LC only)
KonsultaMD is also offering free health consultations until the end of the year to support typhoon victims using the code LIBRENGKONSULTA using the app or HEREFORU for 02 7798 8000, Globe said.
Karding has caused infrastructure damage in central and northern Luzon. It is expected to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Monday.