MANILA - Globe Telecom on Monday said it has restored networks in Cagayan, Apayao and Ilocos Norte after Typhoon Ompong downed power and communication lines in most provinces in Northern Luzon over the weekend.
Communication network in Baggao, Cagayan could be restored today after debris and toppled electric posts were cleared, Globe said in a statement.
“We want to assure our customers that Globe is exerting all means possible to immediately restore telecommunications services in areas adversely affected by Typhoon Ompong,” Globe's head of operations for Network Technical Group Peter Tan said.
Globe has set up free calls and free charging stations for residents to reconnect with their families.
List of Globe's "Libreng Tawag" and free charging stations:
• Shell Station Tuguegarao
• National Highway, Caggay
• Cagayan Capitol Grounds
• Barangay Halls of Ugac Sur, Ugac Norte
• Cataggaman Nuevo, Pardo, Viejo, Linao Norte
• Linao del Sur
• Ilocos Norte Capitol Grounds
• Pasuquin Municipal Hall
• Brgy. Fuerte Caoayan, Ilocos Sur
• Brgy. Bantay, Ilocos Sur
• Candon Plaza, Ilocos Sur
• Brgy. Labinab West Tabacal in Cauayan, Isabela
• Bejosano Subdivision Public Market in Ilagan, Isabela
• Brgy. Uno, Tumauini, Isabela