MANILA - Google Philippines said Wednesday "Father's Day", "SSS calamity loan processing time" and "track and trace" are among the most searched topics on the platform for the months of June.
Queries about Father's Day rose by 1,200 percent, the "highest spiking topic" for the month based on Google Trends, Google said in a statement.
Loan related searches in June picked up by 60 percent compared to May with "SSS calamity loan processing time" as the top trending search under the topic, the global search engine said.
The state pension fund earlier said members hit by the coronavirus pandemic and resulting lockdowns could avail of a P20,000 calamity loan. Online applications were recently opened.
Coronavirus related searches halved in June compared to the volumes in May, it said. "Type O blood coronavirus" was the top trending query for the topic while "signs of coronavirus" rose 250 percent... and related searches for "sore throat" rose 200 percent for the month, it said.
Most searched questions related to the virus are as follows:
1. What is coronavirus?
2. Is coronavirus airborne?
3. When will coronavirus end?
4. Is there asymptomatic transmission of the coronavirus disease?
5. Is itchy throat a sign for coronavirus?
6. How to prevent coronavirus.
7. How coronavirus spread.
8. When did coronavirus start in PH?
9. How to cure coronavirus at home.
10. Can coronavirus survive in water?
The most coronavirus interests stemmed from these locations:
1. Eastern Visayas
2. Central Visayas
3. Cordillera Administrative Region
4. Zamboanga Peninsula
6. Metro Manila
7. Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
8. Western Visayas
10. Davao Region
Queries for "track and trace" doubled in June, Google said.