MANILA - AirAsia said Monday it would enforce rules focused on health and safety under a "new normal" due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new measures will ensure safe travel for both passengers and crew, AirAsia chief safety officer Ling Liong Tien.
"A lot of our normal life has taken a ‘new normal’ turn. And flying will just be one of them. But that just means that we are travelling with heightened steps when it comes to safety and health, which is good for everyone," Ling said.
"Safety is the most crucial component of the aviation industry, and we will definitely continue to strive towards ensuring that this ever-important mode of connectivity meets all required health and safety standards for both our employees and our guests," he added.
The following will be the new normal for AirAsia:
- Guests will be required to bring and wear masks. Guests without a mask will be denied boarding
- Only one piece of cabin baggage not exceeding 5 kg will be allowed to facilitate social distancing and to minimize unwanted contact between baggage
- Temperature checks will be conducted at different checkpoints such as boarding gates
- Floor markers will be placed at queuing areas, check-in counters and kiosks for social distancing
- Cabin crew will wear personal protective equipment including masks and gloves
- Hygienic processing of meals will be observed
- Passengers will need to fill up health declaration forms before or upon arrival
Airlines worldwide have strengthened safety measures to protect passengers and cabin crew from COVID-19.