MANILA - Law, healthcare and journalism have overtaken information technology as the most generous in terms of pay for fresh graduates, but the outsourcing industry still offers the most job openings, a study released Wednesday showed.
Recruitment portal Jobstreet.com's 2017 Fresh Graduates report listed the 10 highest-paying jobs for fresh graduates, with average monthly salary:
1. Law/legal services: P27,124
2. Healthcare: P23,216
3. Journalism: P21,777
4. IT-related: P21,703
5. Education: P21,457
6. Actuarial science/statistics: P21,048
7. Training and development: P20,838
8. Banking and Financial services: P20,092
9. Public relations/communications: P20,055
10. Advertising/media planning: P19,960
The industries that account for the most number of jobs for fresh graduates are as follows:
1. Business process outsourcing: 66 percent
2. Retail: 2 percent
3. Real estate: 1.5 percent
4. Manufacturing: 1.5 percent
5. Food and beverage: 1.4 percent
6. Banking: 1.2 percent
7. Construction: 0.9 percent
8. Telco: 0.8 percent
9. Trading: 0.6 percent
10: IT-Software: 0.6 percent
The highest-paying jobs in law and legal services are for contract analysts, paralegal law clerk, and legal researcher, said Philip Gioca, country manager of JobStreet.com Philippines.
IT-related jobs, last year's most generous salary provider, slipped to fourth place possibly due to "oversupply" of jobs in the industry, said Gioca.
"It has come to a point where salaries have stabilized," he told ABS-CBN News.