MANILA - Ground services contractor Miascor said it would appeal to President Rodrigo Duterte's "kindness" that it be allowed to continue working in the country's airports.
Recent cases of baggage theft were "isolated" incidents and did not reflect Miascor's 40-year track record, company president Fidel Herman Reyes told ANC's Headstart in a taped interview that aired on Friday.
"Everybody is hoping that the President will hear our side of the story and the appeal that we are conveying is mainly for forgiveness for whatever mistakes some of our employees have committed and the kindness of the President to allow us for allowing us to continue," Reyes said.
Authorities said last week Miascor's contract would not be renewed after a returning Filipino overseas worker claimed his luggage was pilfered at Clark Airport.
Before the Clark incident, the wife of a Turkish diplomat lost jewelry inside her luggage and a Miascor employee was reportedly caught with drugs.
"If we dig deeper into these incidents, these are isolated incidents and Miascor, we are portrayed as a villain in this isolated incident," he said in an interview with ANC's Headstart aired Friday.
"These 2, 3 incidents were highlighted but I would like to dwell is what’s not captured in social media or mainstream media that Miascor has been doing all along," he said.
Reyes said the company terminated erring employees even before the incidents were reported to the President
"We owned up to the violations and we immediate acted on those violations just like any professional organization," he said.