All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
December 15, 2020 (updated)
The DoH reports 1,156 new cases today, with Davao City the lone area in the country with triple digits: 126 cases. Two cities in NCR continue to be among the top 5: Quezon City and the City of Manila. The provinces of Rizal and Bulacan round up the top five.
The Health Agency also reports 21 new deaths.
The Rt (effective reproductive number) of Mega Manila (NCR) is down from 1.02 last December 11, to 0.96 (0.92 – 1.0, 95% confidence interval) as of December 13, 2020 https://endcov.ph/epidemic_curves.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- With data now available, NCR reported 273 of the 1,135 (or close to one-fourth) new cases yesterday and continued to lead among regions in the Philippines.
- Quezon City, Pasig, Makati and the City of Manila continue to dominate the cities with highest cases in Mega Manila.
- Two other regions reported triple digits – CALABARZON and Central Luzon.
- Outside of NCR, Rizal was the only province yesterday that reported triple digits.
- All five provinces in CALABARZON made it to the top ten provinces with highest cases of coronavirus infections.
- Three cities in NCR led the haul yesterday – Quezon City, Pasig and Makati City.
- Seven of 17 cities in the NCR were among the top 20 cities/municipalities with most Covid cases.
- Three municipalities in Rizal were among the top twenty cities/municipalities with the most cases of SARS-CoV2. They were: Binangonan, Cainta, and Baras Riza.
With more than 611,000 cases yesterday (7-day global average at close to 620,000 cases/day), the world now closes in on 74,000,000 total cases.
There was also a new world record in deaths: 13,228.
The United States continues to lead among countries, reporting close to 200,000 new cases and close to 3,000 new deaths. The US crosses the 17,000,000 mark and accounts for more than 23 percent of all the reported cases of coronavirus in the world.
- Global case fatality rate: 2.22 percent.
- Five European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Turkey, Germany, UK, Italy, and France.