All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
December 14, 2020 (updated)
The DoH announced 1,339 new cases today and two cities in Mega Manila remain in the top five: Quezon City (147 cases) and the City of Manila (49 cases). Note that these two cities alone in NCR are responsible for 15 percent of the total cases in the Philippines.
Davao City is back among the top five but in second place with 124 cases. Two provinces in CALABARZON – Rizal and Laguna – continue to be strong contributors to the daily pool of coronavirus cases.
These three cities and two provinces in the top five make up one-third or more than 33 percent of the total cases in the country just for the day.
The DoH also reports 24 new deaths.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- Of the 1,085 cases yesterday, 409 or close to 40 percent was from the National Capital Region alone.
- Five cities in the NCR grabbed the first to fifth rank among cities with most cases in the country yesterday.
- Aside from NCR, two other regions reported triple digits: CALABARZON and Central Luzon.
- Benguet was the top province with the most cases yesterday.
- Four provinces from the CALABARZON area were among the top ten: Rizal, Batangas, Laguna and Cavite.
- Eleven of 17 cities from Mega Manila were among the top 20 cities/municipalities. Of the eleven cities, five ranked first to fifth – Quezon City (that led with triple digits), Makati, Manila, Pasig and Taguig.
In spite of the weekend, there were more than 500,000 new cases reported overnight and close to 8,000 new deaths, with the world now recording more than 72,600,000 coronavirus cases.
As the Pfizer vaccine rolls out in the UK and the United States of America will begin their immunization program on Monday, December 14, the world readily anticipates that this will impact the increasing number of cases and deaths.
There are now 15 countries with more than 1,000,000 cases each. Peru will most likely be the sixteenth in the next few days.
- Global case fatality rate: 2.23 percent (unchanged).
- Five European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Turkey, UK, Italy, Germany and France.