Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced
December 06, 2020 (updated)
The Health Agency reports 1,574 new cases for the day with Davao City on top of the leader board with close to 200 cases. For the first time, the city of Pasig is among the top five cities/provinces with the highest cases.
There were 18 deaths reported today.
Because it is a Monday, after the weekend recovery reports, there were 80 new recoveries added.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- With 1,768 new cases the other day, Mega Manila continues to be the major epicenter in the country, contributing close to 30 percent of the cases (up from 26 percent the other day) with close to 500 cases overnight.
- Three other regions reported triple digits: CALABARZON, Central Luzon and the Cordillera Administrative Region.
- Outside of NCR, Benguet was the only province that reported triple digits with 132 cases.
- Four provinces in CALABARZON contributed to the haul of cases in the region – Laguna, Rizal, Batangas and Cavite.
- Ten of 17 cities from Mega Manila were among the top twenty cities/municipalities with most cases.
- Quezon City was the only city/municipality in the whole country that reported triple digits.
- Three localities in Benguet were in the top twenty – Baguio City, Mankayan and La Trinidad.
Because it was a weekend, the report of new cases and deaths are lower. Nevertheless, the world managed to report more than 530,000 new cases and 7,000 new deaths, bringing the total coronavirus cases past the 67 million mark.
The United States continues to lead globally in both new cases and new deaths. It has already crossed the 15,000,000 threshold. The US alone contributes more than 20 percent of cases and deaths from COVID-19 globally.
There are now 14 countries with more than 1 million cases each.
- Global case fatality rate: 2.29 percent.
- Five European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Turkey, Italy, UK, Germany and Ukraine.