Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
December 02, 2020 (updated)
There were 1,438 new cases reported today. Davao City is back on top with the most cases but note that two cities in NCR are also on the list – Quezon City and City of Manila.
The reproduction number is pass 1.0 nationally.
There were 18 new deaths announced.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- Of the 1,298 cases yesterday, more than 22 percent were from NCR and 16.7 percent from CALABARZON.
- Only Ilocos Region reported triple digits outside of NCR and Region IVA.
- Even with lower cases, NCR still continued to top the haul and remains the major epicenter in the country.
- Only three provinces in the CALABARZON were in the top ten provinces yesterday.
- Benguet came in second with three cities/municipalities in the top twenty.
- Ten (10) cities from Mega Manila were among the top twenty cities/municipalities with most cases.
- The city of Manila and Quezon City ranked first and second yesterday.
- The new entrant to the top twenty was Gamu in Isabela.
- Note that three cities/municipalities in Benguet were in the top 20 – Baguio City, La Trinidad, and Mankayan.
The close to 600,000 new cases and almost 11,000 new deaths reported yesterday pushes the global coronavirus cases to pass the 64,200,000 case count.
The United States continues to lead globally in both new cases and new deaths.
There are 12 countries with more than 1 Million cases each. Poland will most likely be the 13th in a day or two.
- Global case fatality rate did not change and stays at 2.316 percent even with more than 11,000 deaths overnight.
- Five European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Turkey, Italy, Germany, UK and Ukraine.