Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
November 25, 2020 (updated)
Quezon City and the City of Manila are back in the top five for today’s 1,631 new announced cases from the Health Agency.
There were 46 new deaths reported today.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- NCR continued to top the cases in the country as a region.
- CALABARZON, Central Luzon, and Davao Region reported triple digits.
- All the five provinces in CALABARZON remain major contributors to the daily pool of new cases in the Philippines.
- Seven cities in NCR were among the top twenty cities/municipalities with most cases.
- Caloocan, Makati, Manila, Quezon City and Pasig City remain as the hottest spots in Mega Manila.
- New entrants to the top twenty were: Mankayan in Benguet and Pagbilao in Quezon.
With close to 600,000 new cases reported yesterday and over 10,000 new deaths, the world has now more than 61,300,000 coronavirus cases and total deaths of more than 1,450,000.
The United States continues to lead globally in both new cases and new deaths.
Because there are now 12 countries with more than 1 million cases each, instead of posting the top ten, countries with one million and more cases will be announced.
Germany joins the million cases club as it recorded more than 20,000 new cases yesterday.
- Global case fatality rate stays flat at 2.345 percent with more than 10,000 deaths overnight.
- Five European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Italy, Germany, UK, Poland, and Ukraine.
Mankayan is a first class municipality in Benguet with a population of more than 35,000 people. This municipality is known as a mining town as it his home to many mines including the most popular Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company.
With a land area of more than 130 sq km., the town has a density of 280 inhabitants/sq km. and its major source of income for the community are the various mining companies in the area.
It saw its first coronavirus case on June 14, 2020 (swabbed June 9).
There was no case reported in July.
In August, there were 4 cases, followed by 3 cases in September, 13 cases in October and 39 cases from November 1-26 alone.
To date the municipality has a total of 60 cases with zero deaths.
Like Itogon and Tuba, where the miners and their families stay in dormitories and housing facilities, the increase in cases in the area are due to crowding and community transmission.