Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
November 25, 2020 (updated)
Davao City is back on the leader board and is the only city with triple digit cases for the day as the Philippines adds 1,202 new cases to its growing pool. Three regions in CALABARZON are among the top five contributors.
There are 31 new deaths posted today.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- NCR continues to top the cases in the country as a region. However, there is a continued proportional decline in cases, with 268 newly announced cases yesterday.
- Only CALABARZON had triple digits outside of NCR.
- All the five provinces in CALABARZON remain large contributors to the daily pool of new cases in the Philippines.
- All provinces contributed double digits only.
- Five cities in NCR were among the top 20 cities/municipalities with most cases.
- Davao City came in second yesterday.
- The new entrants for yesterday were Calauag in Quezon, La Trinidad in Benguet and Tinglayan in Kalinga, Apayao.
With a little more than 500,000 new cases reported yesterday, the world now has more than 60,000,000 coronavirus cases and more than 1.4 M deaths. 10,815 new deaths were reported yesterday.
The United States continues to lead globally in both new cases and new deaths as its total case count is now at almost 13,000,000 – more than 21 percent of the cases in the world!
Because there are now eleven countries with more than 1 million cases each, instead of posting the top ten, countries with one million and more cases will be announced.
- Global case fatality rate stays flat at 2.35 percent with more than 10,000 deaths overnight.
- Five European nations were among the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – Italy, Germany, Ukraine, UK and Poland.
With more than 16,000 cases in Germany yesterday and a 7-day average of 18,454 cases/day, Germany is a few thousand cases away from 1,000,000 coronavirus cases. As it rides its second wave, it now overtakes Peru for the 12th country with the most cases of COVID19 in the world.
While many countries in Europe are experiencing their second wave as well, Germany is experiencing death rates proportional to the rise in cases. Yesterday saw a record high of 382 deaths in the country.