Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
October 30, 2020 (updated)
With 2,006 newly announced cases and 38 deaths reported, the Philippines now has a total of 378,933 coronavirus cases.
Batangas province makes its debut on the top of the leader board with 124 cases, followed by Cavite. Three provinces in the CALABARZON region are in the top five.
- The Philippines moves out of the top 20 countries with the most coronavirus cases as Belgium, a country with less than 1/10th the size of the Philippines reports more than 20,000 cases overnight.
- Ukraine will most likely displace the Philippines from the 21st spot as well soon. Other European countries that will move up the ranks sooner than expected will be Poland (now in 27th spot) and Czechia (now in 29th).
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- Top 5 regions yesterday were: NCR, CALABARZON, Central Luzon, Western Visayas and Eastern Visayas.
- Among the provinces outside of NCR, the top three in provinces with most cases are Negros Occidental, Pampanga and Davao del Sur.
- All five provinces in CALABARZON were in the top ten.
- Eight cities from NCR were in the top 20 cities/municipalities yesterday, with Quezon City back on the leader board.
- Davao City led among cities outside of NCR in the top twenty cities/municipalities that contributed to the pool of cases yesterday.
- A 5th class municipality in Northern Samar was on the top 20 cities/municipalities.
The world quickly crossed the 45,000,000 mark.
It registered a new world record for the most number of coronavirus cases reported for a single day – almost 525,000 cases – more than the 505,000 cases the previous day.
The US continued its record high numbers with a new world record – over 90,000 new cases in a single day.
- Global case fatality rate is seeing an average decline of 0.15% daily: 2.62 percent
- The US remained in the lead for both most number of new confirmed cases and deaths yesterday.
- Seven European nations were in the top ten contributors to the pool of new cases yesterday – France, Italy, Spain, UK, Belgium, Poland and Germany.
Allen, Northern Samar
This 5th class municipality in the northern tip of Samar is the major port for inter-island transport between Samar and Luzon.
With a population of a little more than 25,000 (census of 2015), and an area of only 47 sq km, it has a density of around 540 people/sq km. This municipality has a poverty rate of almost 40 percent.
The municipality of Allen reported its first two cases on July 19, 2020 (swabbed July 14). It had 3 cases in August, 9 in September and from October 1-29, had 25 cases for a total of 39 cases to date.