Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
October 19, 2020 (updated)
Top five localities (province/HUC/ICC for the day) are:
Note that four of five provinces in CALABARZON ranked second to fifth spot.
Around 30 percent of the total cases (and a little less for the recent cases) announced by the Health Agency were from the NCR.
Most of the deaths reported today were from NCR (31 of 50). As in the announcement of cases, deaths that occurred as far back as June were still being announced today.
While 6 of the 26 deaths reported were from NCR, 4 of the 6 passed away in July while 1 passed in August. Most of the recent reported deaths came from SOCCSKARGEN and Zamboanga Peninsula.
For the first time, Davao Region makes it to the top five among regions with the most cases in the Philippines.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- Four provinces were in the top ten provinces outside of NCR with the most cases yesterday – Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, and Quezon.
- Thirteen cities in the NCR were in the top twenty cities/municipalities with most cases yesterday.
- Cities outside of NCR that were in the top twenty included: Santo Tomas (Batangas), Antipolo, Davao City, Baguio City, Zamboanga City, Cagayan de Oro, Ilagan City (Isabela), Butuan City (Agusan del Norte) and Iloilo City.
Three countries are racing to their first million case mark – Argentina, Spain and Columbia. With the higher cases from France lately, this country may spring a surprise before the week ends.
Note that the lower cases is due to the lower weekend reporting in many parts of the world.
- Global case fatality rate: 2.77 percent
- Because it’s a weekend, the global number of cases reported were lower. However, the 7-day average is up at more than 350,000 cases/day. Which means it will take less than 3 days for 1,000,000 new cases to be added in the world.
- India was back on top with new confirmed cases and deaths globally.
- France continued to report new daily highs and overtook both Mexico and Peru to land 8th in the world with most number of cases. However, in terms of infection density (per capita), France ranks number 26 in the world with 13,277 cases per million.
- Five countries in Europe landed in the top 10 new cases yesterday – France, UK, Italy, Belgium and Poland. The least number of new cases in the top ten is now at least 10,000 cases per nation.
This third class component city in the heart of Pampanga has more than 250,000 people (as of 2015 census) on more than 80 sq km of land. This former municipality was upgraded to a city and is now the third city in Pampanga, after Angeles and San Fernando.
It shares land for the Clark Freeport Zone and the Clark International Airport. Majority of the economic zone and airport are actually located within the city of Mabalacat.
Most of the economy of Mabalacat is derived from license fees, taxes, BIR allotment, and infrastructure funds from the government.
Mabalacat is a major transportation hub and is home to one state college, one private college, and several other training schools and public schools.
The first coronavirus case was documented on March 31 (patient swabbed March 19). This city had very few cases in the months of March to July, ranging in the low single digits. In August, it recorded 131 cases and 231 new cases in September. From October 1-18 alone, it has already 178 newly announced cases.
Yesterday, it was number 11 among the top 20 cities with 42 newly announced cases. It was also the first time that this city landed in the top 20.
To date, Mabalacat City has 557 cases (or 222 cases per 100,000 population) with 4 deaths.