Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites including their data drop. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
October 09, 2020 (updated)
- 143 testing centers (109 RT-PCR and 34 GenExpert)
- 3,796,562 individuals tested (around 34,510 tests/million population) as of October 08 but reported on October 09.
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- The daily positivity rate has hovered below the 10 percent mark since September 5 – or for 32 consecutive days.
- Of the 2,772 positives on October 7, 44.9 percent (or 1,246) were from testing laboratories in the NCR.
- Cavite continued to lead with new cases among provinces in the CALABARZON region. All five provinces in the CALABARZON were in the top ten.
- Thirteen cities in the NCR were in the top twenty cities/municipalities.
- Other cities outside of the NCR that are in the top ten include various cities in Cavite, Bauan in Batangas, Calbayog in Western Samar, Davao City in Davao del Sur and Butuan City in Agusan del Norte.
Another new world record in number of cases was broken yesterday with 359,173 new cases announced in a single day.
- Global case fatality rate: 2.90 percent
- India continued to lead in both cases and deaths in the world.
- The United States reported more than 55,000 cases again yesterday.
- Four countries in the European Union are in the top ten – France, UK, Netherlands and Spain.
Davao City (Davao del Sur)
Home to the current President of the Republic of the Philippines, the province covers a land area of more than 2,100 sq. km. or more than three times the size of the National Capital Region. Its capital Davao City is one the most highly urbanized cities in the country. With a population of around 650,000 people (as of 2015 census), the province has a density of 290 people per sq km (compared to NCR with a density of around 23,000/sq km).
The colorful artistic heritage and beauty of Davao stems from the rich culture of various tribes and ethnicity that reside here.
Davao City is a first class highly urbanized city in the province and with a total land area of more than 2,000 sq km. it is considered the largest city in the Philippines in terms of land area. While it is geographically situated in the province of Davao del Sur, the city is governed and administered independently from it. The city serves as the main trade, commerce, industry, and tourism hub of Mindanao. Davao is home to Mount Apo, the highest volcano in the Philippines.
From October 1 to 8, 2020 alone, Davao City has already posted 301 cases. It now has a total of 2,328 cases and 76 recorded deaths which means a case fatality rate of 3.26 percent – higher than the national average of 1.84 percent.
For the past week, Davao City has consistently been in the top twenty cities/municipalities with newly announced cases.