Disclosure: All data provided are from the Department of Health’s various information sites. Where appropriate, other graphs, illustrations, tables and data are appropriately referenced.
September 24, 2020 (updated)
- 2,180 newly reported cases today brings our total to 296,755
- 36.8 percent of the total are from the National Capital Region.
- Of the 802 cases reported today from NCR, only 617 (77 percent) are recent (from September 11-24).
- Of the 2,180 cases, 83.7 percent or 1,825 are recent (September 11-24, 2020)
- When the backlogs get resolved, we should be seeing better numbers in the daily update
- It is CALABARZON that now closes the gap with NCR. With more recent numbers, note that NCR reported 617 cases while Region IVA reported 588. Highest cases in Region IVA were: Laguna, Batangas and Cavite.
- In terms of top 5 regions with total cases: NCR (802), Region IVA (685), Region VI (161), Region VIII (98) and Region III (87).
- In terms of top 5 region with recent cases (September 11-24): NCR (617), Region IVA (588), Region VI (156), Region VIII (96), and CARAGA (62).
- Recovery rate is down to 78.1 percent in spite of 580 recoveries
- 36 deaths reported today leaves the case fatality rate unchanged at 1.73 percent.
- Most of the deaths are from NCR (15)
- Most of the reported deaths are recent (23 of 36 occurring in September)
- Eighteen cases previously tagged as recoveries were removed from the list after further validation.
- 131 testing centers (100 RT-PCR and 31 GenExpert)
- 3,295,537 individuals tested (around 30,000 tests/million population)
Yesterday’s data breakdown
- NCR and Region IVA continued to lead in cases. Region VI stayed in third, followed by Region III, and Region VII in fifth. While Central Visayas is in fifth spot, it had only 52 cases reported.
- Only 80 percent of the data were up-to-date yesterday.
- The daily positivity rate has hovered below the 10 percent mark for almost two weeks lower at 8.1 percent for the country and 8% for the National Capital Region for September 22, 2020.
- NCR will always be on top of the heap. 1,222 total cases yesterday. The city of Caloocan led the region and the country with 106 newly announced cases.
- The top ten provinces with the highest cases were as follows:
- The top twenty cities/municipalities with the highest cases were:
- Thirteen of the 17 cities in NCR were in the top twenty cities/municipalities in the country with the most cases reported. Four cities/municipalities were from Cavite, one from Bulacan and Iloilo City and Bacolod City were in the top ten.
It’s official – the world now breaks the 32 million mark.
- Case fatality rate: 3.07 percent
- As the weekday in the world shared its report, the total number of cases is back up at more than 300,000 the other day.
- India continued to lead in cases and deaths overnight.
- France jumps to fourth spot with more than 13,000 new cases, a new high for the country. Israel is up at 6th with more than 11,000 cases and the UK on the tenth slot with more than 6,100.
Feature story of the day
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announces a two-weeks lockdown as Israel’s numbers are on a rampage. Yesterday alone, Israel recorded more than 11,000 new cases, from a country that once boasted of being a world leader when it came to addressing the coronavirus pandemic.
For a country with barely 9,000,000 population, it now ranks as one of the highest in the world with coronavirus cases based on a per capita or 22,300 cases per million population.
To read more about how Israel is fighting this second and most deadly wave of the pandemic https://apnews.com/6e3441fcc0ee15484f4ac8fc3fa9c625.