Pandemic or not, our Christmas gift-giving preparations are bound to begin during the “ber” months, as the much-awaited annual shopping event of two major e-commerce sites—Lazada Philippines and Shopee—happens on September 9.
But before you start putting items on your cart, here’s a rundown of what to expect from the two shopping sites from now until their big sale.
Lazada: Last August 31, Lazada Philippines launched its 9.9 Big Brands Sale commercial featuring YouTube sensation Mimiyuuuh, TV and radio host Sam YG, and the newest Lazada ambassador, actress-turned-vlogger Kathryn Bernardo.
The video brings to life the idea that when you open the Lazada app, it gives you the same experience as shopping in a physical store, with products guaranteed legit and authentic through Lazada’s LazMall.
Shopee: The e-commerce site recently announced the return of Jose Mari Chan, the face of Philippines’ Christmas holiday, as its brand ambassador, in time for the countdown of its 9.9 Super Shopping Day.
JMC will appear on various Shopee initiatives which include the TikTok-inspired 9.9 Super Shopping Day TV commercial and other 9.9 engagements across social media. There will also be JMC themed Zoom backgrounds available for download on Shopee’s Facebook and JMC Mini games on Facebook and Instagram, which will give users a chance to win Shopee vouchers. Expect his tweets, too, via Shopee’s Twitter account, as well as his mini vlogs and dance videos in his official TikTok account (@MrJoseMariChan).
Lazada: There will be over 4,000 local and international brands to choose from on LazMall offering their items at discounted prices. Aside from this, Lazada has a number of partner promotions to keep your spending at bay:
• Free vouchers monthly once you apply for a Unionbank Lazada Credit Card
• 12% off when you shop with BDO Mastercard
• 12% off when you shop using your BDO Mastercard
• Free shipping with Mastercard
• Up to PHP 2500 off when you shop with your Bank of Commerce card
• 10% off when you shop using your Citibank card
• 10% off when you shop with your Robinson Bank card
• Up to P500 off when you shop with your RCBC card.
• Shop from the Lazada site on Gcash and get discounts when you shop on September 9
• 20% off with Grab Pay Mastercard
• Use 199 Grab Rewards points to redeem a 10% discount voucher on Lazada!
• Join the Lazada PH community on Viber and watch out for deals and surprise giveaways
• Get a chance to win PHP 30,000 Lazada wallet credits when you shop from Korean LazMall brands from Aug. 27 – Sept. 9! Use KOREAATHOME code upon checkout to get a raffle entry
• A Photobook Disney Fun Games e-voucher with your Lazada coins when you play Fun Farm on Lazada.
• Play Bubble Win and redeem a Cignal voucher with your coins from Sept. 7-9
Shopee: Users can enjoy exclusive offers and discounts of up to 50% off on leading brands such as Globe Telecom, Havaianas, Huggies, Nestle, P&G Beauty + Olay, Maybelline, Unilever Home and Food, Xiaomi Poco Phone Exclusive, and Lactum Enfagrow.
The Shopee 9.9 Super Shopping Day, which will run until September 9, will also feature special promos like free shipping with ₱0 minimum spend, daily flash deals for as low as ₱9, and huge discounts when shoppers use ShopeePay. Consumers will also get exclusive discounts up to 90% off on leading brands.
Big prices are up for grabs in their online games. At the Super Games Day happening on September 7, users can get a chance to win coins when they play the in-app Shopee Games. At the Super Vouchers Day on September 8, over P9,900 worth of vouchers will be given away.
Users can also tune in at 8:45 PM and 10:00 PM for the Shopee Shake session and get a chance to win ₱250,000 or ₱1M cash prize or a house and lot from Lumina Homes. Lucky players can also win up to ₱500,000 worth of prizes at the Shopee Catch and up to P350,000 worth of prizes in Shopee Quiz.
From September 1 to 15, Shopee will hold the Shopee 9.9 Super Dance Challenge where participants can submit a video of them recreating the 9.9 Jose Mari Chan’s TV commercial to get a chance to win ₱99,000.
Lazada: A Lazada 9.9 Countdown Concert, which will be livestreamed on the Lazada app on September 8 from 9PM-12MN and hosted by Robi Domingo and Bianca Gonzalez.
There will be branded segments, voucher giveaways throughout the livestream countdown, as well as Laz-Serye, a romantic-comedy short released every hour during the show.
Shopee: Their 9.9 Super Shopping Day TV Special happens September 9 at 8:30 PM. The two-hour-long show will be simulcast on both GMA News TV (GNTV) and Shopee Live. Viewers can catch appearances of and performances by Jose Mari Chan as well as other celebrities like Catriona Gray.