Google Philippines recaps the most searched COVID-19 items among Filipinos last month. The results reveal how Filipinos are using Google Search to cope with the community quarantine period and look for information about the pandemic. Below is the Google Trends results summary:
- Coronavirus is the fifth most searched term in the Philippines in April, behind “YouTube,” “Facebook”, “Translate” and “MP3.” Search interest for the pandemic surged to a new high nationally, peaking on April 13.
- The region with the highest search interest in April was Central Visayas, followed by Eastern Visayas, and Caraga.
- Among other trending topics over the month is the Department of Social Welfare and Development, which reached an all time high on April 5.
- Top trending searches include:
- Meanwhile, Recipes, Bread and Cake all surged to a record high during the month. Breakout related searches include:
- “Dalgona coffee recipe instant coffee”, “Puto pao recipe” and “How to make condensed milk cake” all spiked +5,000 percent.
- “Sotanghon guisado recipe” spiked +3,250%.
The chart below shows Filipinos’ search interest for coronavirus this 2020 from January to date:
Most searched coronavirus-related questions in April
- What is coronavirus?
- Is coronavirus airborne?
- Is there a cure for coronavirus?
- How many cases of coronavirus in the Philippines?
- When will coronavirus end?
- How to prevent coronavirus?
- What country has no coronavirus?
- When did coronavirus start?
- How to know if you have coronavirus?
- How does Taiwan control coronavirus?
Most searched coronavirus-related terms in April
- Coronavirus update
- Coronavirus Philippines
- Worldometer coronavirus
- Coronavirus symptoms
- Coronavirus stats
- Coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus death toll
- Coronavirus vaccine
- Italy coronavirus
- Coronavirus USA
Regions as ranked by search interest for coronavirus in April
- Central Visayas
- Eastern Visayas
- Northern Mindanao
- Zamboanga Peninsula
- Western Visayas
- Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
- Cordillera Administrative Region
- Metro Manila
- Davao Region
Most searched terms by topic in April
Questions for symptoms
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- What are the mild symptoms of COVID-19?
- Is diarrhea a symptom of COVID-19?
- What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- Ano ang mga sintomas ng coronavirus? (What are the symptoms of coronavirus?)
- What are the signs of pregnancy?
- How can you get infected with COVID-19?
- What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19?
- Dry throat means what?
- How many days before COVID-19 shows symptoms?
Maja blanca recipe
Banana cake recipe
Leche flan recipe
Chicken curry recipe
- Dalgona coffee recipe
Google Trends provides access to a largely unfiltered sample of actual search requests made to Google. It’s anonymized (no one is personally identified), categorized (determining the topic for a search query) and aggregated (grouped together). This allows Google to display interest in a particular topic from around the globe or down to city-level geography. For more questions about the methodology, please visit this FAQ site.