[All local data are information downloaded from the Data Drop of the Department of Health. The author does not own any of the information except the analysis of all data. Global data are referenced properly from Worldometers.info, Ourworldindata.org (European CDC), World Health Organization (who.int), and the New York Times. Where appropriate, additional information may be culled from other references or health agencies.]
UPDATED FEBRUARY 05, 2021
The DOH reports 1,894 new cases and 61 new deaths today. The larger numbers are coming from various regions outside of Mega Manila. In yesterday’s tally, seven regions were the drivers of the total cases in the country, with most of them coming from Luzon (see yesterday’s breakdown below).
For a granular breakdown of today’s cases, kindly refer to tomorrow’s report. The DOH no longer posts the top five areas with most cases in their 4PM daily data drop.
The Philippines (February 04, 2021)
- With 1,590 new cases reported yesterday, Central Visayas took the lead on a regional level reporting 254 new cases (16 percent of total), followed by NCR with 224 (14 percent of total).
- Seven regions reported triple digits, including Central Visayas, NCR, Cordillera Administrative Region, Cagayan Valley, CALABARZON, Eastern Visayas, and Davao Region. All seven accounted for 79 percent of the total cases in the Philippines for February 4.
- On a provincial level, the province of Cebu continued its overwhelming lead with 225 new cases. The province accounted for 89 percent of the total cases for Region VII, with Cebu City contributing 60 percent (136) of the total cases in the province of Cebu. Kalinga and Isabela were the other two provinces that reported triple digits yesterday.
- On a city/municipality level, only Cebu City reported triple digit cases.
February 04 , 2021 (The World)
- With 505,398 new cases reported yesterday, the total number of coronavirus cases have now exceeded 105 million. New reported deaths, however, remained high with 14,294 cases.
- The global case fatality rate is up from 2.17 percent to 2.177 percent.
- The United States, while seeing around 120,000 cases/day, its fatalities have remained alarmingly high with over 3,500 recorded yesterday, pushing its case fatality rate of 1.7 to 1.71.