[All local data are information downloaded from the Data Drop of the Department of Health. The author does not own any of the information except the analysis of all data. Global data are referenced properly from Worldometers.info, Ourworldindata.org (European CDC), World Health Organization (who.int), and the New York Times. Where appropriate, additional information may be culled from other references or health agencies.]
UPDATED JANUARY 29, 2021
The DoH did not report the top five areas with highest number of new Covid cases (maybe they will not be reporting it anymore?) but announced 1,849 new cases and 48 new deaths today.
Note that the number of active cases is up at 6.7 percent with more than 35,000 cases considered active in the country. Tomorrow, we will try to report on the individual areas when the data drop is provided by the Department of Health.
The Philippines (January 28, 2021)
- Only two regions reported triple digits – NCR and CALABARZON – yesterday.
- NCR accounted for 24.6 percent of the total cases.
- There were 6 OFWs (ROFs) in yesterday’s report.
- Isabela, Cebu, Leyte and Iloilo were the four provinces that had more than 50 new cases yesterday.
- Nine of 17 cities in NCR were in the top 20 cities/municipalities with most cases for the day, with Quezon City leading the Philippines with most cases on a city/municipality level.
January 29, 2021 (The World)
- With 603,201 new cases (and 16,811 new deaths), the world officially crosses the 12 million cases mark.
- The global case fatality rate is up at 2.157 percent.
- The United States continues to lead in new cases and new deaths globally.
COVID 19 Vaccination
As vaccination against Covid-19 begins in many parts of the world, here’s a sneak peak at the top countries with the most number of vaccine doses administered per 100 people as of January 28, 2021. This will be updated on a weekly basis.
While the US leads in terms of most number of vaccines given (followed by China and the UK), note that per capita (based on the population size), Israel and the United Arab Emirates have the most number of doses provided per 100 people.
China, a major manufacturer and producer of its own vaccines has only immunized 1.58 per 100 people as of January 27. While it has, in total, provided 22.7 million doses of their vaccine, it is a far cry from the population size of 1.4 billion people.