A fire hit the field office of the Commission on Elections (Comelec), a public library and three houses in Antipolo City, Rizal on Thursday evening.
Officials said the fire began in one of the houses in Barangay San Jose before 10 p.m. At least 10 firetrucks responded to the blaze, which reached the second alarm.
Comelec-Antipolo staff Melvin Kileron said several voters' list documents and voters' identification cards got wet while firefighters were trying to put out the fire.
The fire was allegedly triggered by an attended candle in the house of a certain Francisco Samson.
No one was reported wounded in the fire incident.
– Umagang Kay Ganda, 24 May 2013