Rodelas family holds funeral procession

Posted at Nov 17 2012 10:47 AM | Updated as of Nov 17 2012 06:49 PM

Watch also in iWantv or

MANILA, Philippines -- The family of part-time ABS-CBN talent Julie Anne Rodelas held a funeral procession from CAA Village, Las Piñas City to Parañaque City on Saturday morning.

The funeral procession, which started from the Rodelas family's house in Bagong Lipunan at 8:45 a.m., was joined by Rodelas' friends and classmates from Arellano University, who all wore white shirts.

Officers from the Quezon City Police District-Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (QCPD-CIDU) led by Homicide Division Head Police Inspector Elmer Monsalve also accompanied the Rodelas family in the funeral procession towards Mary Queen of Apostles Parish.

A mass and eulogy will be offered for Rodelas before her remains will be brought to her final resting place in the Golden Haven Memorial Park.

The 20-year-old model was abducted near the World Trade Center on November 5. Rodelas’ body was later found in Murphy, Cubao on November 6. The victim had gunshot wounds to the head and chest.

QCPD also revealed that the victim was raped after tests showed that she had deep healed lacerations on her genitals.

Police have already arrested four suspects, including Rodelas’s friend Althea Altamirano and Altamirano’s boyfriend Fernando Quiambao Jr., both tagged as the masterminds behind the killing.

Accused-turned-state witness Jaywar Waradje and his companion Gelan Pasawilan were arrested in a follow-up operation in Culiat, Quezon City.

Murder charges have been filed against Altamirano and Quiambao. Pasewalan, meanwhile, has been charged with illegal possession of firearms.

Altamirano earlier said she had her friend abducted to “teach her a lesson” for spreading gossip, but claimed that she had no knowledge that Rodelas would be shot dead.

Authorities are now in pursuit of the two other suspects, who were identified by Waradje as Efren Talib and alias “Aldos.”

Police said that based on an intelligence report, both suspects are still in Manila.

The four arrested suspects are now being detained in Camp Karingal. Security measures have been tightened in the area because of the growing threats against Waradje, who turned state witness on the case.

The suspects are expected to be transferred to the Quezon City Jail on Monday. -- Reports from Johnson Manabat and Dennis Datu, dzMM