Baby, grandpa killed in mini-stove explosion

Posted at Jul 18 2012 09:29 AM | Updated as of Jul 18 2012 05:29 PM

An 11-month-old boy and his grandfather died after an LPG-powered mini-stove exploded inside their house in Navotas.

The victims were identified as Reynaldo Bautista and his grandson Prince Jacob.

Prince Jacob’s grandmother, Priscilla, and uncle, Percival, were also injured and remain in critical condition at the East Avenue Medical Center after sustaining third degree burns.

Fire officials warned households not to use mini-stoves on a permanent basis because they are prone to malfunction and can cause accidents. – Umagang Kay Ganda, July 18 2012